Breakdown of my DREAM rifle (what is yours?)

I just did a dream rifle. Not a hunting rig but something I can teach others to shoot with.

My Rem700 sps tactical in 223 had a shot out barrel so I grabbed a new Bartlein tube in heavy varmint 7.7" twist, had the well worn action in the blue printed, pinned the lug and set up with a 223 wylde chamber. Hellfire self timing break, trigger tech special trigger at 2 lbs, KRG Bravo stock with spigot and tailhook, atlas bipod, 20 moa rail, Nightforce 5.5-22 on it.

Put a battle buddy from my first Iraq deployment on it prepping him for a moose hunt. We sighted his 450 bushmaster then went to work shooting. He hasn't done a hell of a lot of shooting, was IED'd at 19 and didn't do much other than mil spec shooting. Had him hitting easily at 450 yards on an 8" target, with a group in the 3" range.

Dream come true for me.

I am having WTO build me a 7saw on the impact 737r with a 28 bartien barrel with timney 2 stage trigger setting in a foundation stock I know it a little heavier built but ought shoot.

My dream deer rifle would be a
Bat vr/tr or borden alpine action
Brux,Krieger or hart #4 straight fluted finished at 24inch with hawkins three port brake
Hawkins bottom metal with wyatts extended mag box
McMillan game scout edge filled with custom camo job
Barrel action cerakoted black and the flutes in bolt and barrel be sniper brown or desert tan
And of course chamber in 308 win and shooting 152 hammer hunters.
Scope would be Leupold vx5 hd or nightforce nxs with caped windage turret.
But for now after deer season gos out I'll just be having my remington 700 sps tactical rebarrel and keep the same 308 clambering and replace stock and scope.then maybe 2 or 3 years from now I can have my listed above dream rifle built

Last edited: