Brass storage & Organization

View attachment 442706
I use the Harbor Freight boxes as well. I use ziplock bags and store in the Harbor Freight boxes with the O ring seal. Easy to store and get density.
I have a bunch of boxes like that but mine are full of bullets for reloading,sorted by cal. and bullet weights.I'm glad I was stocking up little by little over the years.The prices these days are shocking.

@openlake: Da.m that really looks organized. Mine pale in comparison.
Brass.jpg

OMG! The amount of brass some you have is amazing. I'm not sure when a person reaches the point to visit the recycle shop, but if you are filling up 5 gallon buckets, I believe you are close to reaching that point.
Now brother that right there made me laugh. LOL....just last year I finished processing at least 10K of 223 brass....yeah that took storage tubs not a bucket or two. Before this current mess anytime I got a new rifle I would purchase another 2-300 cases immediately for it alone. Now some by buddies and quite a few of these boys they flat put me to shame.

Brass in-service stays in MTM boxes with notes on history and what barrel it belongs to.

Retired brass is bagged and taped with all the notes from it's lifecycle. (Ziplocks seem to pop open at the worst possible times for me)

Pistol/blaster brass goes in buckets, tubs, old food storage containers, plastic Wal Mart bags, pretty purple Crown bags, pretty much whatever I have on hand at the moment to pick it up and put it in. I try to come home from the range with more cases than I left with - if some cold-hearted bast*rd abandons even a single poor little 9mm case I give it a nice, safe home. 🥰

if you are filling up 5 gallon buckets, I believe you are close to reaching that point.
When you start cleaning brass batches in a cement mixer you know you're getting close to almost having enough 🤣