Powder Storage

So my brother was able to find a 8lb keg of powder. So we are going to split it but I don't have any empty containers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can store it in. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Walmart sells all kind of containers with good lids just don't use clear or at least cover it. David

So my brother was able to find a 8lb keg of powder. So we are going to split it but I don't have any empty containers. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can store it in. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Looking at a 1lb container of #2 Accurate handgun powder I think a 1liter plastic oil can with a screw top would hold 1lb of powder or a 4 liter or one gallon plastic oil can might hold 4 lbs.
They're made of thick dark plastic like powder containers. Just wash, rinse, and dry them real good.
Dr.Tramp...........

I have used large cat litter containers as mentioned earlier do not use the clear plastic containers mine happen to be white I have use this for combining different lots of the same powder several times

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.