brass sizing question?

MikeCR is right, best move is to keep the matching shellholder with the die set. Makes matters easy and accurate.

Shellholders are cheap and I have been doing this for years. Just never thought to mention it until MikeCR mentioned it.

BH

flashhole is correct, i assume by having both the dies and the shell holder from the same manufacturer, that it will [should ] fix the problem. I am sure they are designed for said companies dies and not others, although sometimes they will and do work for others and a lot of people would not know the difference. Will let ya know how it turns out. was also experiencing some run out, which is probably from the same thing.

Got the hornady shell holder, it is made much more precise than the rcbs, as far as the case fitting into it. Still i had some tight cases,: so: contacted hornady tech, he said: since i was using a press that had a dead stop and did not cam over, that i would probably need to have the shell holder ground. he warned though not to go anymore than 5 thou. I did so, and it pretty much solved my problem. been using hornady one shot spray and i dont like it, cases are too hard to size and i have stuck 2 so far as well as i can see the necks maybe stretching and possible being out of alignment too. went back to the pad with lee resizing lube and it is nearly effortless. [ has to be better] Just havent had a chance to check run out yet. thanks for all the good advice.

You can buy it at just about any of the on-line stores like Midway or Midsouth and you can get it on evil Bay too.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.