Brass question

Fariss

I normally run a lapua brass but I still haven't seen any for the 6.5 PRC. I believe it will be available soon but until then what are your thoughts on gunworks brass

What leads you to believe it will be available soon? After Lapua announced 300 Norma brass was going to be produced and gave a date, it was almost 2 years until it was available. I have not seen any announcement on the 6.5 prc.

What leads you to believe it will be available soon? After Lapua announced 300 Norma brass was going to be produced and gave a date, it was almost 2 years until it was available. I have not seen any announcement on the 6.5 prc.
Nothing really just that that round is gaining popularity very fast. I just dont believe lapua will let it pass them by.

Ok thought maybe you had insider info :) I don't think Lapua is concerned with anything passing them by though. They only make 30 different rifle cases (2 of which are 308) including: 220 Russian, 7x64, 7x65r, 7.62x53r,8x57is, 8x57irs, 9.3x62. Their 2 handgun cases are 32 S&W long and 9mm. There are a LOT of cases they could be making, and have been requested of them. Their decisions of what not to make have opened the door to companies like ADG, Peterson, and Alpha to fill the need, which is a good thing for shooters.

They bought into the 6.5 CM. I see they are even coming out with a large rifle primer this spring.

For clarification, Lapua will be producing primers?
Will these be new production, or a re-branding of another companies product?
Many long range competition participants preferred Russian primers.
Could this be a backdoor to the return of the Russian primers that disappeared from the marketplace?

For clarification, Lapua will be producing primers?
Will these be new production, or a re-branding of another companies product?
Many long range competition participants preferred Russian primers.
Could this be a backdoor to the return of the Russian primers that disappeared from the marketplace?

they are coming out with 6.5 cm brass that uses LRPs

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.