Brake cost?

Muscle brakes run from $115 for the mini, & less than $150 for the big one. Add about $100 for a local smith to thread, & install, or pay upwards of $60 for shipping one way UPS.

If all you want is a brake, a reputable local smith can install most any brake you choose. I think Ross brakes are less $, but have no idea how effective they are in comparison. Hered good things tho.
Kirby's Painkiller brakes, & Jim's Muscle brakes, seem to be very highly regarded on here (LRH).
I think Shawn makes a D.E. brake too if I'm not mistaken, but I may be mistaken. Check out LRH's sponsors. They're all great guys, with top notch products.
I'm having the Muscle brake installed on my 300WSM build.

Ross Schuler does mine and he charges like $40-45 for the brake and $35 to thread barrels. My last brake cost $75 installed and out the door.

I have a custom muzzle brake made by Joe Starnes (Longshot Rifles).

P5170371-1.jpg

for $ 210 installed and includes caps. This works similar to Holland's QD except with 4 ports and tames my SAKOM995 .300 WM to that of .243's recoil.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.