BR4 rangefinder

Fariss

Right now I have a leupold 1200. That doesn't range a deer consistently at 600 yards. I've been searching and talking with a good friend and been doing a little research. We came to a conclusion that the BR4 may just be the rangefinder I want. I know it's not cheap and I'll probably cry but only once I hope. What's your thoughts on the rangefinder?

Right now I have a leupold 1200. That doesn't range a deer consistently at 600 yards. I've been searching and talking with a good friend and been doing a little research. We came to a conclusion that the BR4 may just be the rangefinder I want. I know it's not cheap and I'll probably cry but only once I hope. What's your thoughts on the rangefinder?
I have a BR 2 and a BR 2500 I'm very happy with both I've heard many good things about the new BR 4 but do not have any experience with it yet . I do have a Leupold RX 1000 that has trouble ranging deer past 400 yards

I have one, but haven't had the chance to use it in the field too much. Initial impression: AWESOME!

Returns a range and solution very quickly.

Bought a BR4 about six months ago after using both the BR2 and Sig2400 RF's since their introduction I have had great success with both. IMO, the BR4 is superior to either in just about every respect. In particular, I really like the 10x magnification, and, fast/easy wind condition input controls.

Last edited:
Bought a BR4 about six months ago after using both the BR2 and Sig2400 RF's since their introduction I have had great success with both. I llmIMO, the BR4 is superior to either in just about every respect. I particular, I really like the 10x magnification, and, fast/easy wind condition input controls.

I have one also. I agree with greyfox

The sig 8k is worth a look as well. Lots of improvements over the 2400 abs. I looked hard at both and went w the sig and it's been solid. 10x would be nice but I can live w 7x

I have the older version, BR2 and still love it. If you can afford it, you wont be disappointed.

I love my generation 2,I shoot in Wisconsin around 1400ft. elevation and I took it to Colorado for a 2nd season elk hunt and we hunted around 10,000 ft.so I tried out my br2 with the altimeter correction and shot a steel gong at 600,but it ranged it to 490 yrds.you will love it!

I just went down this road. I went with the Sig5k. Ranges out to distances I have no business shooting game at. Also has ONBOARD ballistic solutions out to 800 yards using AppliedBallistics/Sig software. It's worth a hard look as it can be had for $500-600. The 5k is just a smaller version of the 8k which for most of us is all we need. I've programmed 5 of my rifles into it and it's spot on. Has onboard real-time environmental info also.

$499

Last edited:
Had a br2 and it worked well. Good product just bulky. Went to sig 2400 and wouldn't use sig again after all the issues I had. Today for a stand alone lrf I'd go the br4 or Leica. I have Leica 3200's so I could eliminated the extra gadget but that's not for everyone. Leica does a good job for the hunter but the br4 is much more advanced for the guy wanting to shoot targets beyond hunting range.

I just went down this road. I went with the Sig5k. Ranges out to distances I have no business shooting game at. Also has ONBOARD ballistic solutions out to 800 yards using AppliedBallistics/Sig software. It's worth a hard look as it can be had for $500-600. The 5k is just a smaller version of the 8k which for most of us is all we need. I've programmed 5 of my rifles into it and it's spot on. Has onboard real-time environmental info also.

$499
I know better than this but my first question I would ask is what glass are you using and do you want it all in one? Everything everyone has mentioned I've had or tried and all great toys. If you want a all in one deal and you're not using Swaro or equal glass then 10K sigs are a one shop deal. Glass ain't bad just not that kind of glass if you are running the good glass the sig 8k would be my second choice. here's why it's the only one on the market that lets you tune or adjust your laser besides being the quickest out there i know of.
The one thing i do love about the BRs is where you can switch the range to near or far. My opinion most missed shots in todays world if your ballistics are right is the wrong range
(not counting wind) but that's another thread. Good Luck they are all good choices and what is Mac Daddy today is old tomorrow