Boy cries WOlF.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was it determined a hybrid? All the wolf guys I know say wolves immediately kill any other canine in their territory. Probly a domestic pet. mtmuley
would you kill a pretty little bitch in heat? think about it.

So I'd like to clarify what got me started on this post in the first place.... Reading a previous post and something to the effect of mistaken identity and shooting someone's pet Dog! I don't know whether or not this is true or completely false, but I will say there is a clear difference between a German Shepherd, and a Wolf!

The most obvious is the sloping backline of a German Shepherd in most but not all cases, coloring for the most common type of GS, except the black and gray/black mutteled ones. I knew a lady years ago that had two black GS, and if not for the sloping backline from the front they looked alot like a black wolf IMO. These did not look like most GS's, that said a Wolf is taller and better suited to deep snow, hence the longer legs than a GS.

I don't wish to get into how could a person mistaken a Pet that resembles a Wolf out in the middle of nowhere, but yes there are some domesticated dogs that resemble Wolves, i.e. Tamaskan, Czech Wolfdog, or even a Northern Inuit Dog, etc. that said it's very unlikely you'd come across one of these in the Rocky Mountains roaming freely without their owner in the backcountry far from what would be considered "taking a walk from home till my owner(s) get back and notice I'm gone"? The pet dog that is!

Hey I get it, I owed a purebred English Labrador that would wander over 5 miles from home........ In a subdivision, not out in the middle of nowhere! Yes I lived and do live surround by the National Forest for over 20 years now, neither the Lab I owned before the one I have now would be so stupid to take a hike out in the middle of nowhere!

Have I seen my closest neighbors Siberian Husky run thru here lose three times in the last four years, but that Dog looks nothing like a Wolf! Which makes me wonder how could someone mistake a Dog for a Wolf? Even the ones that are bred to look like a Wolf, or half breeds...... Those owners would never just off leash them out in the middle of nowhere for the sheer fact of either losing them, or accidentally be shot by someone thinking their dog was a Wolf!

This makes me wonder are these accusations "let loose" for the sole purpose to put further restraint(s) on hunting Wolves by anti-hunters? Further yet if anti-hunter extremist wanted to quickly put a eye sore on hunting Wolves, why stop with signage and bumper stickers? A dead pet dog can make headlines, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of these extremists might not mind putting up a few for "the Cause". Even false rumors can bring mobs of people to believe "fake news" and if the cause gets enough behind it..... Look Out!

Our own President is a "case in point"...... I can't tell you how many times people that have an agenda, even ones that don't live in your home State, and the force they put behind their cause, will only end up taking away your rights!

We don't need gasoline added to the fire. I've found it's like arguing with your wife, we will never win no matter how analytical we are, there opinions are based on emotions, and for that reason we will never win IMO!

I'm trying to understand your last point. You're saying it's essentially a false flag? Like someone made up the story of shooting two GS to get us arguing and get bad publicity for wolf hunting? Is that correct or am I reading it wrong?

I'm pro wolf hunting, just not pro "oops I killed a dog, it's ok though, because I was wolf hunting." Which was that dudes response when called out by a forum member. And the "wolf blood" thing was just stupid. Is the guy a hunter or killer? Or...does the guy even exist at allllllllll.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that this forum, and the members here with the exception of a few, are the most ill informed, misinformed and gullible audience I have ever seen concerning the wolf issue. Most of you guys don't live in wolf country. I get that. You will never see one, much less kill one. The days of SSS never happened. If it would have worked, Montana would be wolf free. Get a clue. Be a cheerleader if you want I guess. If any of you badasses want to hunt wolves in Montana, send me a pm. We have them here where I live. I'll help you out. FIVE tags boys. Its interesting that where I killed that big male wolf, I am still killing bulls every year. Weird. Carry on. mtmuley
I would love to go on a wolf hunt and will be contacting you

That is a red wolf. They resemble a coyote just a little bigger and rounded ears
In your opinion is this a red wolf a coyote or a hybrid
E6960814-0937-44F6-A5E9-FC10FDCC2214.jpeg
this is the biggest coyote I've seen in central Tennessee

I'm trying to understand your last point. You're saying it's essentially a false flag? Like someone made up the story of shooting two GS to get us arguing and get bad publicity for wolf hunting? Is that correct or am I reading it wrong?

I'm pro wolf hunting, just not pro "oops I killed a dog, it's ok though, because I was wolf hunting." Which was that dudes response when called out by a forum member. And the "wolf blood" thing was just stupid. Is the guy a hunter or killer? Or...does the guy even exist at allllllllll.....
That's what I don't get, why would anyone go around that shot two dogs and want to make it so publicly known and yet he obviously has hunted and harvested a few wolves too.

It's fair to say Wolf hunting is not popular amongst most of the population, most of the people I saw in Yellowstone were there to see the Wolves. Fine by me it's a N.P., I wanted to see how the Elk population was doing after years of not seeing many at all in the Northern portion of the park.

In all my years of hunting, 48 to be exact, I've never come across a loose dog running around in the backcountry, and I've hunted all over the Rocky Mountains. Two Shepherds lay up next to his backpack and he shoots them? Hard to believe one showed up let alone two identical looking dogs. He must have been so Wolf crazed to not notice the difference if you asked me. Some people do stupid things and make matters worse along the way.

Hunting in general doesn't need a bad rap, respect nature and it can provide a lifetime of balance. On it's own drought, the invasion of Noxious Weeds, diseases, harsh winters, overcrowding of human populations in what once was habitat only visited a little with a 4 wheeler has now has grown to biking in the backcountry, and snowshoeing in masses not seen in previous years. There is more than what meets the eye and I'd think most of those weekend warriors didn't grow up hunting, and wouldn't notice where did all the Red Squirrels go....... Let alone if the Elk and Deer population is up, or down, or what's the actual cause?

They're stressed out during the fall through Winter, I noticed years ago they won't stay in anyone place very long because they know sooner or later the Wolves will find them, or a hunter which is the least of their worries..... The hunting season is limited to daylight hours, and dates vs any day of the week throughout the year, day or night which doesn't leave a lot of time to feed, chew their cud and rest.

Sucky deal if you asked me, and I'm sure if the Elk could Vote on it they'd choose the Fatman on the 4 wheeler over the Wolf any day of the week.

It would not surprise me if they did something like that. The anti-hunting/anti-gun crowd is not known for their honesty.

Your second paragraph makes a good point as well. He might be a killer that is out hunting, just not for wolves. That "wolf blood" sign on his truck could make very good bait to lure in a certain segment of the population.

If he is killing wolves, good on him. Kill some more. But shooting somebody's pet is not a good thing and its a waste of a perfectly good bullet that could have been better used on a wolf.

So I'd like to clarify what got me started on this post in the first place.... Reading a previous post and something to the effect of mistaken identity and shooting someone's pet Dog! I don't know whether or not this is true or completely false, but I will say there is a clear difference between a German Shepherd, and a Wolf!

The most obvious is the sloping backline of a German Shepherd in most but not all cases, coloring for the most common type of GS, except the black and gray/black mutteled ones. I knew a lady years ago that had two black GS, and if not for the sloping backline from the front they looked alot like a black wolf IMO. These did not look like most GS's, that said a Wolf is taller and better suited to deep snow, hence the longer legs than a GS.

I don't wish to get into how could a person mistaken a Pet that resembles a Wolf out in the middle of nowhere, but yes there are some domesticated dogs that resemble Wolves, i.e. Tamaskan, Czech Wolfdog, or even a Northern Inuit Dog, etc. that said it's very unlikely you'd come across one of these in the Rocky Mountains roaming freely without their owner in the backcountry far from what would be considered "taking a walk from home till my owner(s) get back and notice I'm gone"? The pet dog that is!

Hey I get it, I owed a purebred English Labrador that would wander over 5 miles from home........ In a subdivision, not out in the middle of nowhere! Yes I lived and do live surround by the National Forest for over 20 years now, neither the Lab I owned before the one I have now would be so stupid to take a hike out in the middle of nowhere!

Have I seen my closest neighbors Siberian Husky run thru here lose three times in the last four years, but that Dog looks nothing like a Wolf! Which makes me wonder how could someone mistake a Dog for a Wolf? Even the ones that are bred to look like a Wolf, or half breeds...... Those owners would never just off leash them out in the middle of nowhere for the sheer fact of either losing them, or accidentally be shot by someone thinking their dog was a Wolf!

This makes me wonder are these accusations "let loose" for the sole purpose to put further restraint(s) on hunting Wolves by anti-hunters? Further yet if anti-hunter extremist wanted to quickly put a eye sore on hunting Wolves, why stop with signage and bumper stickers? A dead pet dog can make headlines, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of these extremists might not mind putting up a few for "the Cause". Even false rumors can bring mobs of people to believe "fake news" and if the cause gets enough behind it..... Look Out!

Our own President is a "case in point"...... I can't tell you how many times people that have an agenda, even ones that don't live in your home State, and the force they put behind their cause, will only end up taking away your rights!

We don't need gasoline added to the fire. I've found it's like arguing with your wife, we will never win no matter how analytical we are, there opinions are based on emotions, and for that reason we will never win IMO!

I jumped in on that German Shepherd thread. Bottom line is the Pitcher guy is an idiot - most people (99.9%) can tell the difference. Pitcher is that 0.1% that can't, plus he is a total tool. Loves that it brought him fame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.