Bolt bushings/firing pin upgrades

You won't get one from PTG or very likely they won't meet it if they give you one.
You can't even get an answer from them when you call an ask if they have something in stock on there website.
Thanks. That's my concern in dealing with them.

Jerry is GTG, an engineer by training and trade, doing this bolt work more like a hobby. Last time I talk to him asking about bushing bolts, etc. He walked me through his process and typed everything and sent the paper to me. Never had the chance to do one.

If he still takes on projects, I will still send my bolt to him, if I have one that needs work.

Last edited:
Jerry is GTG, an engineer by training and trade, doing this bolt work more like a hobby. Last time I talk to him asking about bushing bolts, etc. He walked me through his process and typed everything and sent the paper to me. Never had the chance to do one.

If he still takes on projects, I will still send my bolt to him, if I have one that needs work.
I have a bolt project if you would be interested in trying one ? Not needing a aftermarket extractor. But it does need some other work. I was going to see if Jerry wanted to do it. But I would be willing to let you try. I think I may need to look for another bolt. I am not 100% sure. If interested PM me. I would be willing to pay for the shipping both ways & your time. It's a Rem bolt.

I have a bolt project if you would be interested in trying one ? Not needing a aftermarket extractor. But it does need some other work. I was going to see if Jerry wanted to do it. But I would be willing to let you try. I think I may need to look for another bolt. I am not 100% sure. If interested PM me. I would be willing to pay for the shipping both ways & your time. It's a Rem bolt.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Sorry, bud. I wouldn't breach the gentlemen's agreement. I promised Jerry I would only use his process on my personal projects. I did do a test run on a brass rod, his detailed procedure works.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Sorry, bud. I wouldn't breach the gentlemen's agreement. I promised Jerry I would only use his process on my personal projects. I did do a test run on a brass rod, his detailed procedure works.
Oh sorry. I did not know about the agreement. I seemed to have misread the thread conversation, & jumped to conclusions. From Dirtrax comment. I was under the impression Jerry work load was heavier than he desired at this time. And he is possibly ready to retire. I will try Jerry & see what he says. Hopefully Someone will fill his void when he does actually retire. The man has definitely made a name for himself.

Jerry and I had one conversation thru snipers hide. He was willing but definitely added he wasn't taking as much on. Rather than press him I left it at that. I also asked if he had firing pins so I could have a spare fitted. Jerry said no need as he has never heard of one breaking. I mean no offense when I say two is one and one is none especially with custom pieces. Perhaps I should move forward. He didn't provide me with any shipping information.