Black Coyote

I know this is an old post but earlier in the year of 2010, I saw a pack of three coyotes and one of them was black. They were close to the road and a I got a good look at them. It was neat seeing a black version. A friend of mine shot a black one on his place last year. Another friend killed one on a farm several years ago. They are rare but cool to see. The black version looks just like a regular colored version and I have not noticed any difference in size. So I would say it is just like a black panther or albino colored animal just another rarity in nature.

I seen a couple black ones at my buddies taxidermy shop a few years back.

Same year I shot a pure white one down outside of Swift Current Saskatchewan. Ended up giving it to him for a show piece in his shop, so long as he promised not to go sell it one me. :)

KevinWallCoyote175.jpg

Here she is mounted up with the two blacks my friend had mounted.

abinomountsmallvm4.jpg

I got some more pictures of her, but they're on my work computer. I see if I can remember to throw them up in a few days when I get back out to work.

It was a bit of a strange year for colored coyotes that year. All three coyotes shot with the same month or so (Christmas of 2006. In fact I snuck out to the coulees with my .22-250 while the girls headed to the mall for boxing day shopping :) )

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.