bipod mod idea

myrifleisLapua

i have a cheapo walmart bipod 6-9" prone model . now i plan on buying a 90$ one that cants left or right . now i found my sweet spot for prone shooting . my bipod legs extended 1" so i guess that would be 7"s and the but raised one a foam block 3.75" now im a get a monopod for that soon. But for the bipod so i know it will be the same height and level every time i go to the range . i want to put pins or maybe bolts though the legs so my bipod when i pull the legs down always come down to a exact and level 7".Are their anything inside the legs on a bi-pod ? or just hollow tube ? probably get my smith to do it lightbulb

Harris have springs in the legs. You should look at a notched leg Harris that way you could just come out to the same notch each time and it would still be adjustable for other uses.

Yeah I just seen that. Going to get that on hopefully the monopod next week and a leupold 45x45competition competition

Notched leg bipod, as mentioned. I've found a rear bag infintely handier than a monopod, and much cheaper. Small bag, lightweight, filled with poly beads. Defensive Edge has some.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.