Rifle build idea

machoking

Here's my plan:
Use my Tikka T3 action
RedSnake Tactical or Tikka Performance bottom metal and AICS 338 Lapua magazine
Tikka Performance recoil lug
Brux or Bartlein 7mm 1:8 barrel chambered in 28 Nosler throated for the 195 Berger to about 3.600 COAL.

Am I crazy?

The Lapua case is significantly fatter than the RUM/Nosler case... You might want to look into that with your magazine selection.

I've found 300 Win Mag and RUM/Nosler cartridges cycle fine in Win Mag magazines. Vice versa as well. My 300 win mag has a RUM detectable magazine (Accurate Mag Magazine). Zero mods going either way in my experience.

I would go with a rum action or standard mag action with Wyatt's extended mag. Ryan Pierce has his 28 noslers at a 3.740 overall length, because that's the length when the 195's have the base of the ogice at the shoulder and neck junction if you were curious what the furthest OAL would be with the 195's

I would go with a rum action or standard mag action with Wyatt's extended mag. Ryan Pierce has his 28 noslers at a 3.740 overall length, because that's the length when the 195's have the base of the ogice at the shoulder and neck junction if you were curious what the furthest OAL would be with the 195's

I want some room to chase the lands. 3.600 or 3.740, still better than the SAAMI spec. I already have this Tikka, and I refuse to buy another Remington. I even have one of the old, good Remington's, and the Tikka action is much nicer.

I want some room to chase the lands. 3.600 or 3.740, still better than the SAAMI spec. I already have this Tikka, and I refuse to buy another Remington. I even have one of the old, good Remington's, and the Tikka action is much nicer.

Ahh I read the original post wrong, I missed the word "My" when you were referring to the Tikka action. I was not suggesting use Remington action, rather just saying I would use a magnum action since they have more room to cycle long rounds.

Ahh I read the original post wrong, I missed the word "My" when you were referring to the Tikka action. I was not suggesting use Remington action, rather just saying I would use a magnum action since they have more room to cycle long rounds.

I have a 700 Magnum action but it was my grandpa's rifle and I've already tinkered with it enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.