Big News from Berger Bullets

Eric Stecker

When I returned to Berger in 2004, I was able to spend more time communicating directly with shooters through emails, phone calls and these forums. I believe strongly that it is from these interactions that we gain a better understanding of what rifle shooters need to be successful. I also understand that there are many shooters who need technical assistance.

Thanks to your support, Berger has been blessed with significant growth. Lately, the challenges that go along with growth while staying focused on quality have pulled me away from the phone, emails and forums. For some time, I have been working on resolving this shortcoming. Our announcement today is the final piece in our solution to this challenge.

It is with great pleasure that I announce the addition of Kevin Thomas to the Berger Bullets team as our E-Technical Consultant. Kevin spent the last 15 years as Sierra's Chief Ballistician. Prior to becoming Sierra's Chief Ballistician, Kevin spent 6 years moving from Sierra's production floor to their ballistics lab. Kevin will use his extensive shooting knowledge to help folks get the most out of their rifle shooting experience.

Kevin's addition to Berger puts into place the final piece of our customer service solution. Below is a list of Berger Bullets' resources that shooters can go to get the answers they need.

Technical Support by Phone – 714-447-5458
Berger has partnered with Sinclair International to provide extensive phone coverage by active and knowledgeable shooters. Led by Bill Gravatt, Sinclair is a highly-respected and legitimate source for technical assistance (among other things).

Loading Data and Technical Assistance from Walt Berger[email protected]
Founder and member of the Benchrest Hall of Fame, Walt Berger's extensive shooting experience is a tremendous resource for those who need help. Over the last several years, Walt has been working on our loading manual. This work has generated loading data specific to Berger Bullets in most popular cartridges.

Loading Data and Technical Assistance from Kevin Thomas[email protected] (email is not active yet)
Kevin spent two decades shooting in Sierra's test facility every day and working with major ammo producers on several projects. Additionally, he is an experienced, active and successful competitive target shooter. He will soon be available for those who need shooting related assistance.

External Ballistic Assistance from Bryan Litz[email protected]
Bryan's reputation as a top external ballistics mind is well known. Equally recognized is his success as a competitive target shooter. Bryan is available for those who need to address advanced external ballistics concerns.

Both Kevin Thomas and Bryan Litz will actively engage the forums as we strongly believe that forums are a valuable resource for all shooters (us included).

All of the people listed above are active rifle shooters and are committed to your success. These folks can provide an even greater level of shooting-related technical assistance than I. For this reason, you will see less of me as I focus my attention on the production floor (which is my strength). I will not be disconnected or unavailable, but I will rely heavily on this "dream team" of technical experts to provide you with the information you need to get back to the range or into the field.

Regards,
Eric

Thanks Eric.-

Great to hear assistance will be available.- I am leaning more and more towards the Bergers for LR hunting.

Good news indeed. I look forward to trying out the new 338 cal bullets at the end of the year.

And Eric, thanks for your help. I've sent you a couple of emails in the past which you answered quickly.

Take care.

Thanks for the update Eric, and congrats to Kevin. I know alot of us are really looking forward to using the new 338 cal. bullet. So now that your on the floor more you can push it along right:D I've got a .338-.408 that's just dying to shoot this new bullets. I'm sure you'd have alot of takers if you needed someone to help test these.

Thanks for the update Eric, and congrats to Kevin. I know alot of us are really looking forward to using the new 338 cal. bullet. So now that your on the floor more you can push it along right:D I've got a .338-.408 that's just dying to shoot this new bullets. I'm sure you'd have alot of takers if you needed someone to help test these.

Eric, thanks for the good news. Sounds like Berger is making the commitment.

And........Ditto what Kevin Cram posted - 338 production please, will ya, huh:D:D

Eric,

Well done Sir and what a great Valentine's Day present for the accuracy shooters. I hold your valid promises up against the current political promises that may last for a day-- and know that your team will succeed. Well done!!! Cordially, Overbore

And here I thought the Big News was the 300 gr. 338s were ready to roll! :)

Thanks for sharing the Berger points of contact with us.

When the 338 cal are ready to roll the subject line will be something like "FINALLY Finished Big News" or something like that. :)

Posting that news will be a such a release of pressure for me I just may celebrate for a week.

Yup I've emailed Walt multiple times for recepies and always got them within a couple of days. And I'm also very happy with the bullets. Outstanding job Berger!

I am pleased to announce that Kevin's email has been activiated. If you need any assistance please contact him at [email protected].

Regards,
Eric

Eric ,

many thanks for all your efforts , thanks to you too Mr. Berger ! You guys are standup fellas and I appreciate the heck out of you all .

When that BERGER 338 CALIBER BULLET hits the shelves it will be good to go thanks to the effort you all have put in . Dont give in to the pressure , Keep doing what you are doing , " Make it it good , make it better , make it BERGER !!( feel free to use that wonderful ad line : ) , at no charge !!

jim b

I'm doing load development with 155 vld for my .308 today, at least if it doesn't go well I can get some help

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.