Berger Bullets News

Okanogan

I've seen questions in other threads about various Berger Bullet availability. I'm posting this link to a recent Berger emailer for those who might be interested. I have no affiliation with Berger products or sales. I am happy to see they are planning to run more 6.5mm156 EH in the near future.
http://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/g7xy-2odxlk--13awp4-jajrcwi6

If you want Berger Bullets "Unicorns" you need to pre order and PRE PAY. Your money is up front and may take a few months to almost a year, but you will get the Bergers at the price purchased and first in line when a production run comes out. We have bought thousands of 6mm 105 hybrids and also the 156gr EOLs.
PrePay and wait. Plan ahead!

If you want Berger Bullets "Unicorns" you need to pre order and PRE PAY. Your money is up front and may take a few months to almost a year, but you will get the Bergers at the price purchased and first in line when a production run comes out. We have bought thousands of 6mm 105 hybrids and also the 156gr EOLs.
PrePay and wait. Plan ahead!
Who are you ordering from to do this?

Sparx Ammo in PA had a 190 gr VLD factory load that my 300 Win mag loves. Unfortunately they either don't make it any more or can't get that bullet because it's not on their website. I emailed them last May about getting a few boxes for Africa and they said "don't know when we'll have more". Ended up reloading 200 gr Woodleighs and they performed flawlessly.

Sparx Ammo in PA had a 190 gr VLD factory load that my 300 Win mag loves. Unfortunately they either don't make it any more or can't get that bullet because it's not on their website. I emailed them last May about getting a few boxes for Africa and they said "don't know when we'll have more". Ended up reloading 200 gr Woodleighs and they performed flawlessly.
They are available now at https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/879

Given the state of affairs, I purchase when I can. Ordered Berger 6.5 140 Elite Hunters a couple years ago. Didn't find out they were back Ordered until I made the purchase. The company gave me the option of canceling and a refund. I chose not to but waited 14 months for them. Seems to be a new way of doing business. Probably wouldn't do it again.

Good info.

I emailed them a few weeks back about the 30 cal 245 Hybrids. He replied honestly I don't know as they're not currently slated for production this quarter.

Luckily I have a good supply of 230's plus I want to try the 205 SBII's. If they shoot well they have nearly the same BC and effective range plus being a mono are a good option if I decide to go on a Nilgai hunt (bucket list item).