Big Hit on credit Card

All I can figure is that our name got stuck in the computer somehow. The year I drew, the odds were 1 in 21. Then the year my dad drew, the odds were 1 in 25. THis year, Uncle B's odds were probably about 1 in 30 or so.

There's a homework assignment for some of the math wizzards. What are the combined odds of all of us drawing in under 4 years without max points?

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are going to have a ton of fun this summer and fall for sure.----RHB

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you can make it, you can have fun too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif But I will warn you, once you get bitten by the sheep bug, there are NO OTHER HORNS, only antlers, and they just lose their appeal after that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have a friend of mine that is very upset with me over drawing this tag, the reason is because we have had event tickets and airline tickets for a couple of months to the Motocross de Nations (kind of like motocross olympics. the 3 fastest racers from every country in the world compete) the problem is that the date is Sept 23rd in Budds Creek Md.(about 60 miles south of Washington D.C.). He has no comprehension of why I would rather be in south east Utah chasing around curly horn critters instead. to me there is no choice since my hunt opens on Sept 22nd, non hunters just dont understand.
UB

...Wow! Congratulations! and best of luck!

----GOTTA HAVE LOTS OF PICS!!!----

GG , seems as though we are competitors for the Nine Mile Tags /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

...if i draw next year (HIGHLY UNlikely with 9pts but...), mind if i pick your sheep wackin noggin' a bit?? it will be my first EVER sheep experience...with a weapon in hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Goodgrouper odds are 1 in 15,750

[/ QUOTE ]
The odds for this year are not out but for last year the resident odds were 1 in 38 and non-resident odds were 1-1,460.
UB

[ QUOTE ]
Wow..congratulations...now comes the next hit to the Credit card for travel, scouting, and of course, a new rifle. Will you be hiring an outfitter ?

Tag of a lifetime, lucky you.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are right about the hit to the creditcard for travel and scouting, as for rifle I will be using a rifle that Fiftydriver made for me 2 years ago a 7WSM based off a 270WSM Norma brass necked up shooting 180gr VLD Bergers.
as for an outfitter goodgrouper,my big BRO., and myself know this area better than any outfitter.(and besides most outfitters are too smart to go to this unit anyway)
UB

Perhaps Uncle B didn't see your question so I will answer for him.

Most likely, he will be using his custom 7mm BSM otherwise known as a 7mm-270 wsm. Kirby built it for him for a deer hunt awhile back on a Sako action with a custom barrel (I forget which one) and a hunter weight Mcmillan stock.

We originally worked up a load for 160 grain accubonds which shot fairly well and very quick but last Saturday, Uncle B decided to try some 180 grain Bergers in it. Well, they shot at over 2850 fps, had a standard deviation of 3, had a wide node with low sd's on either side, and put 3 shots into a .216" group at 100 yards in a dirty 8 mph wind! BINGO!

Sheep country is too nasty to be packin a 52# gun around in, but if we hunt by boat, maybe it would be an option. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.