Hit the brakes!

BTW, I have a Heavy Palma contour to 26" so the muzzle should be just under 0.9" (my guess). I'll probably just have to learn to live with the ugly tip on a classic rifle.
basketball wives ugh GIF by VH1
Early 90's, 3 of bought Colt Hbars, AR 15, all came with flash hiders. I soon went to a brake, Smith's comes to mind, crush washer fit, really helped with mag dumps, lol.
One of the others, asked if it helped, we decided to put it his Colt for him to make that decision. The crush washer was fit to my barrel, did not work on his, timing wise. None in town to be found, low and behold, we sorted through 1/2" washers, ended up with a good sized silver one.

He kept my brake for a yr, and shot it with that stupid looking washer. What you have may be slightly unpleasant to you, but it will never be full on redneck ridiculous. The other thing it did do, was keep people away from us if he brought it out. I am sure they wanted ask, but most likely knew better, lol

just found this on their website.

– Port area should remain full 1″ diameter for ultimate recoil reduction, however you can turn the port area down to 0.830″ MINIMUM

Very effective brake.
just found this on their website's product description.

– Port area should remain full 1″ diameter for ultimate recoil reduction, however you can turn the port area down to 0.830″ MINIMUM

And heavy palma does? Sorry I missed that had to go re-read. Disregard, storm has me socked in but now someone can post a proof with some sweet walnut!!

And heavy palma does? Sorry I missed that had to go re-read. Disregard, storm has me socked in but now someone can post a proof with some sweet walnut!!
It actually does, somewhat like a classic bull barrel. The bulb at the end though is going to be ugly.

The only rifle (it came with it) I have that is turned down to match the muzzle diameter is with a Vais brake, and it sucks compared to my other muzzle brakes.
Feenix, on that Vais do you find that the amount of percussion and/or extra noise is also less than what a more effective brake causes? I have a rifle that I think would be nice to have a little bit of recoil reduction, but I don't want to add the blast and noise from typical brakes. 25% recoil reduction with an increase in noise of 25% would be better than 50% recoil reduction with 50% increase in noise.

Feenix, on that Vais do you find that the amount of percussion and/or extra noise is also less than what a more effective brake causes? I have a rifle that I think would be nice to have a little bit of recoil reduction, but I don't want to add the blast and noise from typical brakes. 25% recoil reduction with an increase in noise of 25% would be better than 50% recoil reduction with 50% increase in noise.
This near scientific test can explain it better than I can, https://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/08/07/muzzle-brakes-sound-test/. Vais was not tested, but the Shrewd design is close enough to get you a general idea. Look at the muzzle brake loudness rating chart where it shows the loudness rating and recoil reduction.

Very effective brake.
I love mine it works very well

On my 300wm I had a blended 3 port brake and it shrunk the recoil to what I would call a light 243. The barrel was .900 or maybe even a tad bigger at finished length.

Conversely, I am going with an Area419 as well on my 30 Nosler build that will be my go to hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.