Making a drop card

all these ballistic apps and drop charts and wind devices...hmmm in theory thay are great and really help out to get you on the target with less trial and error.
but can imagine my self doing all these things while hunting : hang on mister İBEX thats a perfect side shot oportuneity you have presented me at 400 meters. let me just put all the info through my ballistic app and messure the wind. lm terrebly sorry that lm takeing this long to take the shot would you mind to just hang on there for another 30 seconds mister İBEX ? :D ohh nooo mister İBEX has moved away another 70 meters so lets calculate all over again :D

İN THE PİC you see my verry simle drop chart rolled up and put in the cheek pice of the rifle next to the bullet. in time after useing the rifle for so many years you get so fimmiliar with the gun and conditions that most of the time all you need is a TBR RANGEFİNDER and a bullet. lm a hunter so l dont tend to shoot groops, l try and get the animal lm after. (no offence to target shooters as its a great sport )
55924d1451911315-pics-your-latest-hunt-img-20160104-wa0010.jpg

all these ballistic apps and drop charts and wind devices...hmmm in theory thay are great and really help out to get you on the target with less trial and error.
but can imagine my self doing all
these things while hunting : hang on mister İBEX thats a perfect side shot oportuneity you have presented me at 400 meters. let me just put all the info through my ballistic app and messure the wind. lm terrebly sorry that lm takeing this long to take the shot would you mind to just hang on there for another 30 seconds mister İBEX ? :D ohh nooo mister İBEX has moved away another 70 meters so lets calculate all over again :D

İN THE PİC you see my verry simle drop chart rolled up and put in the cheek pice of the rifle next to the bullet. in time after useing the rifle for so many years you get so fimmiliar with the gun and conditions that most of the time all you need is a TBR RANGEFİNDER and a bullet. lm a hunter so l dont tend to shoot groops, l try and get the animal lm after. (no offence to target shooters as its a great sport )
View attachment 70635

Well ,I can understand if your just hunting, but he was trying to get his bal cac to agree with his actual drop. And if you hunt at 1000+ yards,I'm sure you re verify your dope. When I hunt under 400 I use a .243 ,with a BDC reticle. But still kestrel the wind, and do the math for each 1/4 azimuth. In my firing line.

I guess unless you're passionate about shooting, it's hard to understand why we do what we do.

Well ,I can understand if your just hunting, but he was trying to get his bal cac to agree with his actual drop. And if you hunt at 1000+ yards,I'm sure you re verify your dope. When I hunt under 400 I use a .243 ,with a BDC reticle. But still kestrel the wind, and do the math for each 1/4 azimuth. In my firing line.

I guess unless you're passionate about shooting, it's hard to understand why we do what we do.

yeah l understand totaly. l was just trolling mate. dont take any notice :) l use ballistic calculators and drop charts all the time aswell :)

I am not sure I understand why you would use a milk jug and not a good sized steel target for this kind of shooting. I mean, you would stand to get a better picture of what is happening with your POI if you used steel. Not to say that I am not impressed with your results on the jug but get all your ducks in a row before you start shooting and log your results. You need to eliminate as many variables as possible before you can make any real conclusions.
Also just go get a cheaper chrony to get a better idea of what your load is doing and also a scope level.
Since you are using a bipod, make sure the feet are dug in and you are loading the springs a bit before you shoot. Soil there looks sandy so you may need to dig two holes and set the feet in them. Best Wishes.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.