Shot Drop Cards

Muddyboots

So I was cleaning my office (retired 10 years and this is first time I decided to clean!) and came across a packet of Avery Business Cards (28878) that you can run through your printer. Wham, perfect size, card stock that is durable, and DIY laminate with clear shipping tape. I just used Word, changed text direction for table, populated shot drop table, transferred to cards and printed. Perfect size even for wallet!

Just a possible hack for easy button shot drop cards.

So I did a test card and I like how compact it is. Just need to add few more data points. This was for .270Win 156HH. Just a test card so let's not get into the data whether you agree or not. I want to add bullet, elevation, env data (maybe).
D63D726E-BACE-41BF-9F73-4D7427EC471C.jpeg

Looking good. Surprising what we find when we clean. And how easily we can get distracted. Looks like you will have a nice clean card that will be easy to read.

Something to think about.

Something to think about.

Good article. Thinking 5-15 mph since I would not likely shoot beyond that speed.

Once "finished" will post and anyone wants Word copy will make available.

Last edited:
Good comments, thx!

So starting card at 250 to save space based on 200 zero. Added 10MPH, bullet, altitude, temp, bar pressure would be already accounted for in numbers for altitude. I decided to highlight velocity where bullet minimal velocity for expansion might be as reminder. Could do same for energy with different highlight.
4377F962-E50D-44F1-B047-152BF873E06D.jpeg

There are plastic card holders that just might work for attaching to stock. Checking them out.