MOA cards??

Mark Brendemuehl

Guys - A few questions, and I know someone on here can point me in the right direction.
I have 2 primary predator rifles. One, a Tikka T3 heavy in .308 with a Leupold VXIII LR on it. It has the bullet drop reticle in it. I shoot 150 grain Hornady bullets out of it, and it will consistantly print 1/2 inch or less groups at 100 yards.

The second rifle I like to carry is a Bushmaster Varminter in .223 with a Nikon 6x18 with fingertip adjustable turrets. This rifle has shot five shot groups into one ragged hole at 100 yards, and from a cold bore, it is flat out awesome. I shoot 55 grain ballistic tips out of it.

I have made some shots between 300 and 400 yards on varmints and predators. The thing is, I want to be able to just dial in the MOA at known distances, and I have no clue what the MOA adjustments are. I know the drop, but I am not interested in holding over the target. I want to make a range card, dial it in, and be done. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I know the guns, and optics are more than capable of making shots out to mid ranges, say out to 500, 600 yards. The .308 is for sure anyway. I know once I have that info, I will be able to as well. I just need the dang info!
Thanks!
Mark

I use these JBM cards. JBM - Calculations - Trajectory μCard

I first set the information and shoot drops using Patagonia Ballistics Loadbase then I take that info and make a matching range card as a back up. You can size it up or down during print preview then I laminate it.
Works great if you don't have time or when predator calling I range some key locations and check my card to know what I'm looking at.

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried the JBM site and I must have been doing something wrong, as it wouldn't let me proceed. In the mean time, I checked the Hornady site to get some info and realized they had a calculator too.
Thanks for the replies again guys. I am anxious to give this a whirl.
Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.