Best warm weather sock!?

Whats the best/favorite sock for warm weather? My feet always get sweaty and my boots are non insulated. Thanks!
I have been wearing merino wool socks for the past 6 or 7 years. lightweight ones during spring, summer from Sams Club, Heavier weight ones from Bass Pro Shops in winter. Washing directions say to turn them inside-out and I did for a couple of months, then and now, just throw them in with all the other colored clothes, both, washer and dryer and have no problems with them. Started wearing them at my doctor's suggestion after developing Diabetic Nephropathy. What surprised me was how comfortable they are in the hot summertime. I find the Sams Club and Bass Pro Shop brands are less expensive and hold up just as well.

My hiking boots builder Randy Merrell says to wear a very light weight synthetic inner sock and a relatively light weight outer sock. I use the Incridiwear socks purchased at Randy's shop (outside Vernal Utah). I will readily admit my feet are a challenge, narrow size 13 with orthotics made by Randy

The socks you are referring to appear to be dress shocks. Before I learned better, that is how I wore boot socks, a light weight moisture wicking nylon inner sock and a heavy cotton sock over it in cold weather. Let me just say, it took me till my later sixties to learn the best type sock to wear. Always curious about my feet and an avid hunter, especially waterfowl, doing so in some mighty cold conditions. Even with the Diabetic Nephropathy in my feet these past few years, they are more comfortable than ever before! I have tried more expensive socks, but, the Sam's and Bass Pro Shop socks are equal to any I have tried and superior to most. Now, ask yourself a question, does the doctor advising you hunt in adverse conditions? Mine does!

Whats the best/favorite sock for warm weather? My feet always get sweaty and my boots are non insulated. Thanks!
I am in the same boat as you feet always sweat. I have non insulated Kenetrek boots and i wear a liner sock that i bought at cabelas and then the cabelas merino wool socks over top. This combo keep my feet dry, even in warm weather.

+1 for Merino wool. Check out Altera socks! they are Alpaca wool (finer then Merino) and have the lifetime guarantee like Darn Tough. I prefer the shorter lighter ones for summer, and taller medium weights for late season. My only gripe with my Darn Tough socks is the knit seems to tighten up and then they don't conform as well, feeling tight across the top of my foot. Maybe the wife got em hot in the dryer when I wasn't looking though ;)

I wear only Merino wool socks. I work in roadway construction in the California desert, on my feet 10+hours a day in 100+ degree heat on hot pavement. I wear the same weight wool socks as I wear hiking in the cold.

I'm new to Darn Tough, i'm really impressed.
I have had good luck with thorlo, woolrich, goodhew and some others I can't think of.

I often purchase socks from Sierra Trading Post.

As a professional timber marker that's spent the last 3 summers marking in Arizona, Cabelas Medium weight wool boot socks or Pembrook Wool Trail socks are my go to. I also use them during late October elk hunts in Western MT.

I wear one very light inner sock that is synthetic and a medium weight sock over that. the biggest challenge for me is the finding liner socks large enough for my size 14's

Another vote for darn tough.
Got a pair of kelso micro crew light cushion in a few days ago and I really think I'm gonna like them for warm temp hikes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.