Best hot weather clothing?

rcdinaz

I am in AZ so obviosuly it is hot, usually cold in the morning (relatively) and hot in the afternoon on many hunts.

I was looking for suggestions on clothing recommended for warmer weather. I really need to find pants that are light and breath well. Cabela's make some out of jersey type material but in the desert they snag on everything in site.

Was looking at KUIU, First Lite, and Sitka but would like some feedback based on experince.

The sitka pants are very light and cool, but after 2 outings to AZ, one for black bear and one for coues deer I will say they snag on everything there. My pants looked like furry chaps when I was done. For all other hunting they rock! It is a tough decision to get a pant that holds up and one that is cool. I compromised and went with the Blackhawk light tactical pant. They have double knees and butt, and have a pleeted crotch which was very nice for riding mules all day. They also have many pockets which I found to be a bonus. They are not quite as cool as the sitka pants, but are cool enough and tough enough for all my hunting. I will be trying the KUIU clothing in the near future on my Montana unlimited sheep hunt and hope it is as good as everyone says it is. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the feedback!

My Scentlock Savannah pants have all the little snags you mentioned, **** cat claw sticks to everything. Coues hunting is always great for finding catclaw, they actually really seem to like to eat the stuff.

I just broke down and ordered the KUIU as well, mostly because the pants and some of the other gear are on back order. Once I get it I will decide if it is light enough or if I need to consider the First Lite pants, which reviews say are very light.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.