What are the emergency cold weather clothes you carry?

I usually only carry rain gear in my pack as extra clothing on a day hike while hunting, but if I felt the need to carry emergency clothing for cold weather I would carry a set of under armour cold gear 4.0 long johns top and bottoms. They do pretty good when I'm ice fishing.

Just a primaloft synthetic parka in a compression sack and a gortex pants and jacket rolled in my main compartment. I usually always have a beenie and fleece gloves to maintain dexterity. If it's a emergency, it's usually time to start thinking about getting back. I try nowadays to stay within 10 miles from the truck so it's not incredibly hard to get back if it comes to keeping organs sustained.

I like First Lite It's the softest and most comfortable I've tried.but for real cold winter Since I've switched to Kryptec, it's holding up well

First Lite merino base layers, one set of 150 weight, one set of 250 weight, extra socks, lightweight wind/water proof outer layer, beanie, and mid-weight gloves. That's my extra load out.

I don't backpack hunt from Oct. to Feb. here in Montana...

Rather loose my bow, rifle or binos than my antient Patigonia long underwear and Nomad fleece necker.

I always carry a fleece hood, polar tec top and bottom , wool socks and an extra beanie sinched up tight in a dry bag in my pack for an emergency change should I get wet.
The main gear I wear depends on the terrain and season, but it's almost always based on the layering system (fleece, polypropylene) with a good waterproof lightweight outter shell for the rain.
I have a lite weight down jacket that rolls up tight that I can add on if need be. A rain fly on the pack keeps things dry.
I also keep a drawstring bag in the rig with a complete change of everything should I return to the truck soaked.
I live in the NW where it can rain, snow or shine in a moments notice during the fall.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.