Best Trigger Choice

From this report about the new Rem 700 trigger, I am disappointed. I was hoping to hear it's an improvement over the previous one. As i'm pricing out components for a new LRH, i didn't want to have to spend for an after-market...

Jewell gets my vote above anything else I've tried. The older Remington 700 triggers seem to be the best, most of the time I can get them down to 2lbs. If I can't, they get replaced with a Jewell. All my hunting rifles with the exception of my two designated long range rifles sport 2lb triggers. On both my long range rigs I started by setting my Jewell triggers at 1.5lbs and am now down to having them break at 1lb. even. It's all in what you get used to. I like hunting late seasons, snow on the ground, and its usually pretty cold out. The last thing I do before reaching for that 1lb. trigger is I blow in my hand to warm it up and remind myself "light trigger, light trigger". Don't think I'll ever drop below 1lb. on those two rifles for the conditions I hunt in.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.