best adj trigger ...for the money

i paid about $100 for the timney 510 in one of my 700s. i had the older model of xmark trigger and hated it. the 510 is a vast improvement and cost less than a set of nice rings or scope base.

How about putting as. Which trigger is best in what gun? Some triggers work better in one certain brand or model rifle.

I have to give Trigger Tech a try on my next trigger replacement project.

FYSA, there's recall for all Carbide Triggers which were manufactured between June 5, 2015 and July 28, 2016 >>> https://safety.triggertech.com/
Luckily the trigger I have was only purchased around July of 2017, so I'm good I think ha ha good info.

I have 2 TriggerTech primary's and a timney Calvin elite and like them both equally really. They both feel good. The TriggerTechs were less expensive.

Did you want over travel??

Yes. Perhaps it's a question of shooting form, or personal preference, but I found that my precision/consistency is materially improved with some over-travel set in my triggers. It seems to reduce the chance of having finger pressure throwing the shot after the break of the sear. IMO.

Did you want over travel??

Yes, and we all should. I would say most fliers are caused by pulling the trigger verses the load itself. Think about it for a second and then name one reason why you would have little to no over travel in anything other than a semi auto for the purposes of a fast trigger reset. In precision rifles over travel is your friend. No Triggertechs for me. As a matter of fact none of my BixNAndys have overtravel adjustments and they have plenty of over travel, the exact opposite of Triggertech.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.