What is the best money you have spent on the shooting sport and why?

Shocked nobody says supressor.
I'll take that one then. 😉 Between my boys and I, we are up to 15+ big game animals taken with suppressed rifles. Love it.

No ears ringing, no difficulty in coaching my boys trying to whisper while wearing ear protection. Takes the edge off the recoil which has helped my boys never flinch due to recoil or scope-eye concerns.

They are running at 100% for one-shot kills and i think the tame recoil of a suppressed rifle has a lot to do with it. Lots of coyotes, rabbits, squirrels too.

Is it the best shooting and hunting money I ever spent? Well I guess it's fourth between rifles, glass and reloading. But I like them a lot!

Gavin has absolutely no shooting credentials. A YouTube channel sucking up to people that can shoot. To try to promote an attempt at a business. That is yet to exist. That's right "Get on the list". Another fake it and hope you make it.
So you don't like Gavin? Does he publish bad data? I'm just trying to figure out why someone would be offended by a youtuber publishing technical videos. Fill us in on why UR is unworthy or bad content...

The best investment I've made has been joining The Modern Day Sniper network and taking courses with Phil Velayo in Cody, WY.
I'm sure I have saved a significant amount of money and especially time in my skill development, especially in positional shooting.

This is a great thread. Makes me think back. Maybe an even more important investment than the lathe that started Hammer Bullets was a trip we took to visit @Fiftydriver of Allen Precision Shooting. I can't remember what year for sure. About 2009 I think. He invited us to come see him and he took us out for a long range shooting session. He set up four targets ranging from 700y to 1100y. We had never done anything remotely close to this. We did not even think we had the physical capability to make a shot this far. Turned out that all four of us were able to make hits on all of the targets with his fantastic rifles! Unbelievable! That was the beginning of an obsession. Had it not been for that trip none of what my life is today would have ever happened. Pretty incredible to think about.

1)Used student loan money to buy RCBS master reloading kit in the early 90's
2) swaorski 15x56 binos, these were game changers in my success in harvest and mature game
3) suppressor- wish I would have got on the band wagon early
Post#47. I thought that I remembered that suppressors had been mentioned.

6 Creedmoor and 25 Creedmoor

Attachments

• 60E6FA81-5359-4ACC-B402-D4D8A59933B4.jpeg
    60E6FA81-5359-4ACC-B402-D4D8A59933B4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • 7C2DD4EA-B1E0-4FB0-BD0A-01A47E21B602.png
    7C2DD4EA-B1E0-4FB0-BD0A-01A47E21B602.png
    117.3 KB · Views: 29
This is a great thread. Makes me think back. Maybe an even more important investment than the lathe that started Hammer Bullets was a trip we took to visit @Fiftydriver of Allen Precision Shooting. I can't remember what year for sure. About 2009 I think. He invited us to come see him and he took us out for a long range shooting session. He set up four targets ranging from 700y to 1100y. We had never done anything remotely close to this. We did not even think we had the physical capability to make a shot this far. Turned out that all four of us were able to make hits on all of the targets with his fantastic rifles! Unbelievable! That was the beginning of an obsession. Had it not been for that trip none of what my life is today would have ever happened. Pretty incredible to think about.
Agreed, most people are in love with the shooting sport if they are on here posting. It's crazy what drives us to research and tinker with this sport.

I was always the GI Joe kid and loved anything to do with hunting or shooting. Dad trusted me by age seven with my 410ga, for reference my bother was 11 before he got to hunt alone, I was just different. I got a shooters bible for my 10th Christmas. That was my ballistic birth... I wore the binder out of that book and had the cartridges, velocities, and trajectory memorized on most calibers. I would sight in rifles for my dad's friends by age 12. I was killing so many deer by then that Dad handed over the processing to me as well. No one has cleaned one my deer since-lol.

I probably should have figured how to make a living from this. It would have been cheaper-lol

Several years ago two friends and I went hunting in the peninsula of southern Alaska in early October. The first day the weather was nice, but snow was moving in. We planned to stay for almost a week. Coming back to camp the first afternoon we found that a grizzly had destroyed our tent, most of our food, and most of our gear. We all had soft wool thermal underwear on, and heavy rainsuits over our outergear; Thank GOD! We would have to survive another four days until Saturday noon when our guide service came back to pick us up. Each night we would huddle around our fire on makeshift pine needle beds, wrapped in tarps. The second afternoon the grizzly returned, and died quickly with a 300 WinMag pill thru his brain. We caped him out, and lived off his meat the rest of the week. We also got a nice deer each, in spite of 7 inches of snow that fell that week. As to valuable gear, that rain gear and thermal underwear saved our lives. I never go hunting without it!

Now that is an awesome post! I'll have to try some Hammers now- LOL. Best of luck to you on your business/entrepreneurship. I'm neck deep in a couple ventures myself and people just don't realize the energy that start-ups require.

Reloading and shooting is my zone-out/detox...
Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

NRA Life Membership. Because of the NRA's support of the shooting sports and the protection of gun rights.