Best scopes for $1500 to $2000?

Huck24

I was organizing my gun room the other day and found a scope I had bought a couple years ago that's 5-25x50. Instead of using it, I'm probably gonna sell it. So I'm curious what the consensus is for a quality scope between the listed price. Leaning towards a 3-18x44 or similar. SFP since its mostly for hunting but hoping to slowly work my way out to 1000 yards. Illumination isn't necessary, i have scopes with illum now that ive never turned on. Good FOV. It'll be on a heavier 300 prc so if I shave a little weight on a quality scope that'd be great. Turrets known for good tracking. So many good options I figured I'd ask y'all.
NF, leupold, zeiss, Swarovski, s&b etc.

Im open to all suggestions,discussions, and opinions.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
I just purchased a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 and my first impressions are really positive. It replaced a NF NXS on my 300 WSM.

The reviews I have read are all positive. I believe they have a model that matches the Zoom and objective you mentioned above (and a bunch of other options in the Credo line). MOA and MIL are available.

It checks alot of boxes for me. Hopefully it proves to be a good choice over time.

I got to say the Zeiss V4 have been amazing.
I have two of them. One 4-16x44 zmoa reticle and a 6-24x50 zmoa which wouldn't be my first pic due to the 6 power but these scopes have been flawless and they have always tracked perfectly and they have been dialed up and down a lot over the years I've had them.
They are super simple and they just work !!

Last edited:
I still think the Swfa hd series is far better than the credit they get.

I plan to get one of the maven 1.2 soon. I like the reticle (I think)

For SFP I like my credo 2.5-15 but I expect I'll either sell it or pass it on to my dad this year as I finish converting to ffp for everything

There are several scopes in the wheelhouse you mentioned. Personal preference is the primary consideration that will drive what you buy. Some people are locked into a particular brand that has proven good for them. Some are looking for maximum durability and don't care if it weighs over 30 ounces. Some are looking for the best glass and low light performance. Some just want to try something different.

I was locked into what I used for decades (Leupold) because it worked for me. I now want to try something different. I recently purchased a Zeiss V6 3-18x50. It is now my favorite scope, but I'm still looking for something different to try. The Trijicon line of scopes may be next.

I can update my post mark, thats a good point. FOV and weight are towards the top of my list along with quality glass for low light. I'm open to quality brands but I want something different besides vortex.

I just purchased a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 and my first impressions are really positive. It replaced a NF NXS on my 300 WSM.

The reviews I have read are all positive. I believe they have a model that matches the Zoom and objective you mentioned above (and a bunch of other options in the Credo line). MOA and MIL are available.

It checks alot of boxes for me. Hopefully it proves to be a good choice over time.
So when you compare the two, you prefer it over the nxs?