Best Powder for 6.8 Western

Ronald W Schaefer

What powder are you guys Lovin' for the 6.8 Western using 165 gr. Nosler ABLR, 170 Nos BT and 175 gr. Sierra Tipped Game King (Gamechanger bullet). Thankfully, I've got nearly every powder advertised for the 6.8 except the magic RL-26 Pixie Dust. I've been through lots of data (what's out there) and shot all the factory ammo available to arrive at best bullets for my rifle. Soooo, now I'm being lazy, just wondering if anyone has already "invented the wheel" for the 6.8. My rifle is a Fierce Firearms custom CT Carbon Rage. It shoots the factory ammo above in 1 MOA or less, but not .5 MOA advertised. Ironically, the ammo they shot my proof group (.449") 162 grain copper does not shoot well in my rifle. Must be that Lot# thing. So more work to do.

Also interested in learning if anyone knows where to score any 175 Sierra TGK, and/or the RL-26. I have a lot of extra bullets I could trade for the 175gr .277, specifically in .257, 6.5, .284 and .308.

It shoots the factory ammo above in 1 MOA or less, but not .5 MOA advertised.

If you have followed their suggested ammunition and you have checked all the potentials for something being loose, or a scope problem, call them and suggest that they provide a return so they can trouble shoot your rifle. It's their guarantee, make them stand by that guarantee.

:)