6.8 Western

tknuts103

I have shot little but haven't really tried to see what is best. I plan on using my new brake vs stock brake. I can let you know how they group out with the stock brake

Okie Whitetail Hunter

I have the Browning Xbolt HC long range and it shoots the factory 165s under MOA at 100 yards. I havent been to my dads place yet to shoot 400 yards but suspect it will hold MOA or under. I have the 175 gamechangers to reload but havent made it that far yet. Plan on running H4831SC or H4350.

tknuts103

Bad news. Received my brake and it didn't fit lol. Browning told me it is a M13x.75 on the speed guns. Well any 6.8 western speed made in 2021 now has the standard 5/8 x 24 threads. So I am going to order the Browning recoil hawg instead.

Ole Dead Eye

LRH Team Member
Bad news. Received my brake and it didn't fit lol. Browning told me it is a M13x.75 on the speed guns. Well any 6.8 western speed made in 2021 now has the standard 5/8 x 24 threads. So I am going to order the Browning recoil hawg instead.
Yup it is the 5:8ths for sure,, that stuck out when I ordered mine because it was in the description of the rifle. Sorry about that. I was looking at the Browning Brakes I think it was on the long range Hells Canyon?? The one with the big dip in the stock?? I’ll look again?

tknuts103

Yup it is the 5:8ths for sure,, that stuck out when I ordered mine because it was in the description of the rifle. Sorry about that. I was looking at the Browning Brakes I think it was on the long range Hells Canyon?? The one with the big dip in the stock?? I’ll look again?
Interesting. I called Browning with my serial number and they told me 13x.75 before I ordered my brake. Whoever was working obviously didn't look up my gun. Great customer service Browning

michaelfelix13

I am new at this never had a brake on a hunting rifle only on AR. Is there a big difference in the browning supplied brake vs the one you purchased?

tknuts103

I just don't want a radial brake because when shooting prone it will shoot debris everywhere and they don't seem to help a ton with recoil. A nice one with side ports will reduce the recoil 50-75 percent and you can shoot prone no problem.