Best FFP scope for the buck?

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
Bushnell LRTS is an excellent scope and very hard to beat for the money.

I have dealt with Bushnell CS 3 times and all were excellent experiences.

Their Elite tactical lines are made by LOW in Japan.

Bushnell Elite DMR2 G3 reticle best bang for your buck hands down. $800ish. Still competes with the $1400 range it originally started in. EXCELLENT scope,solid , never hiccups . Thousands of rounds through it. LHRS LRTS ERS DMR2 pro. All off them are excellent and Worth more then there current prices in my opinion.

Hey co guy what part of Colorado you from I'm from Meeker Colorado, western slope. Bud there is a lot of good glass out there that won't break the bank chose one and go for it. Since you're from Colorado maybe Burris quite local. I probably have 7 or 8 Burris scopes. The XTR is good glass never have looked through a Verasity
Have'nt looked through the XTR but I own and hunt with 4 of the Verasity's. No complaints with the glass and I've found Burris's reticle calculator to be pretty darn spot on, so long as you insert the correct parameters. My next one will be the 5-25 Verasity.

I'm new to FFP scopes and on a budget so would like to ask your opinions on what has the best

I'm new to FFP scopes and on a budget so would like to ask your opinions on what has the best quality for the buck. thanks
Depends on your budget. Lower end of the price range is the Burris Veracity- I have 2 of them, excellent glass!!. I have a couple Vortex scopes- decent glass-a little more money, and Toric by Tract-about $1300. Very good glass. Don't rule out Carl Zeiss V4 Series-it is a 2FP scope though-It has the BEST GLASS of all my scopes- about $1200.

I have a LRHS and a LRSTi, both in the 4.5-18. They track great and the FFP reticles are thick enough to use at 4.5 power. I shot 4 deer during our anterless out to 200 yards with the LRSTi at about 5x and one was a head shot. The LRHSi would be perfect, but they are only available on the used market. I wouldn't hesitate to buy either.

They make both in 3-12x versions and the only complaint I have with the 4.5-18 is the eyebox is tight when at 15x or above.

For me after terrible repeatability issues with several scopes.. some higher end even ...i sold enough guns and scopes to get nighforce Nx8 and am very satisfied..

I have an Athlon Helos BTR that I picked up from Midway for $299 and several SWFA's. The SWFA's I have are fixed, and the 5-20X50, so I don't have anything in the middle, but bast on the ones I do I have I'd say the SWFA's are tough to beat. The eye box on the Alton is much tighter, but it's on a PCP air gun so I don't have to worry about it much. And the Alton gets much darker at higher magnification. Based on my experience and what I've heard from others I'd look at the SWFA's.

Sig Sauer Tango4 has all features of any more expensive one and for the most pare it weighs less. Just my 2c.
FWIW. I own one. It's tough and reliable; tracking is spot on. Illuminates if and you want it. Available in MRad or MOA with two different reticles. (Traditional or Christmas tree style)

I'm new to FFP scopes and on a budget so would like to ask your opinions on what has the best quality for the buck. thanks
Midway has a great sale going on Bushnell DMR series scopes right now - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020586712

Not sure if these are within budget, but I have had great experience with them - repeatability/return to zero/tracking, etc....

Let us know what you decide to go with!

Rangerroy

Wait and get the new Mark 3 HD from Leupold when it's available. I'm sure it's the replacement for the VX3i LRP but with HD glass and different turrets

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.