Best DWR waterproofing restorer

Timnterra

I need to apply DWR (durable water repellent) coating to my hunting clothes. I have used the Nikwax wash-in DWR restorer in the past but it doesn't seem to be very long lasting. I think the spray on type would be more longer lasting, but I've never tried it. I was out in the rain the other day an noticed that my jacket doesn't bead up water like it used to so it's time for a restoration. What do you guys like and recommend?

Tagging in.......I used some of the Spray Type.....I can't remember for sure but I think it was "Camp Dry" It worked really well at first but it seemed like it washed out in the washing machine VERY quickly. Last time, I used a whole can on my coat and it made it good for a few hunts, but didn't last long enough to be worth it.......Keep in mind this is Western Washington Nov/Dec. hunting where you get flat rained on. I'm at the point where I think I just need to buy a new set up. My coat seemed like it kept me dry for 3-5 years before the other layer started absorbing rain.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.