Best Bang for your Buck ....

The Savage 110 Desert Tactical in 6mm Creed. is by far my favorite and most accurate out of the box Rifle ....
IMG_20191021_123451654_HDR.jpg

I have a MPA 338BA that shot crazy good brand new! 250 or 300 Gr. Lapua
ammo shot 1 hole at 200 yards! I impressed myself!
I like it so much I'm getting the same rifle in 6.5 X 47 Lapua!

If you are a savage guy take a look at their target series or even the LRP. Got some buddies running the savage BR rifles and they are surprisingly accurate.
I was actually more of a Remington guy before my shooting buddy told me about this Savage Rifle in 6mm Creed.,. Now it's been all that I reload for and shoot.

I am not much of a savage guy but I do see quiet a few of them at F-Class matches and they seem to shoot very well. It also is a perk that you can change barrels yourself I guess in that type of shooting frequency. Their target actions definelty seem a little more refined than the standard savage actions and the target accurtrigger is no slouch either for a factory trigger.

I have a Savage Model 12 .22-250 that is very accurate. Factory trigger under 2#. Been reloading for it. Have not messed with CBTO length yet. Will only get better.

Just bought a Premier Series Bergara HMR Pro 6.5 PRC that is 0.5 MOA with factory ammo. Just received dies and bushing for reloading.

The savage target rifle in 6br. Every one I've tried shot great. They need real pillars and bedding to really shine.
Shep

When you say benchrest, are you talking IBS or NBRSA?? In these it is all custom builds. 0.01" group gets you "thanks for attending" I believe Mr. McMillian's world record still stands, 0.009"

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.