best bang for the buck

chad

Ok I am going to get a new rifle. My soon to be son in law is gonna use it for deer hunting and step son also. Its an excuse to buy a new toy.

Question is do I go with a savage rifle or a weatherby v2?

If a savage what model?

Im gonna stay in that pricerange of those rifles. I hear both are accurate and im interested in both.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Thinking of 257 weatherby and 6.5 creedmore as far as calibers go.

The Creedmoor is a great deer round. Factory ammo for it is unbeatable. And with a Savage you can easily install a custom barrel in the future. It is one of th best upgrades you can do to any rifle. The Savage has a better trigger than the V2. Issue with the 257 Weatherby is lack of a heavy high BC bullet. It's fast but loses momentum quickly. I shoot a Savage 25-06 and will probably change it 6.5 Creed once the barrel is worn out.

I have a savage 16 in 250 savage. Good gun. This model in a creedmoor would be great.

Whats wrong with the axis model?

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Nothing, if it meets your requirements by all means go for it.

[ame]https://youtu.be/0c_iMgQIhjk?t=350[/ame]

The trigger is not the best but can be adjusted or replaced.

If you're a DIY guy, any of Savages is hard to beat.

Good luck!

I'm a Weatherby preferer.

Of the two you mention. Go with the Savage.

Of the Savages. Get what fits your budget.

If you go with an Axis, get an accutrigger.

Its just gonna be a beater rifle that someone can use if needed and another toy for me. I looked at the ruger americans lastnight even though my wife has one in 7-08 I think its a better rifle.
I think ill go with another one of them.

I gave my wife a 6.5 creedmoor in the weatherby V2 and it shoots really good I know some one that has 10 of them that he uses for a longrange shooting school that are 100% factory and he said most of them shoot a 1/2" group @ 100 yds and the worst one shoots around 3/4" that is with the hornady 140 A-max ammo so that is what gets my vote

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts