Best backpacker meals...and go....

I've tried several different brands this summer and I think Next Mile is now my favorite.
I try to stay low carb, higher fat and proteins. I even add butter or cream now that I have found the freeze dried powdered versions it's easy and adds a lot more flavor.
Mt Hagen makes the best instant coffee.
for backpackers. Great flavor and again I have the powdered goods to add also.

Another tasty meal that I've found is Wild Zora. Pretty filling and smaller packages.

Kris

I've tried several different brands this summer and I think Next Mile is now my favorite.
I try to stay low carb, higher fat and proteins. I even add butter or cream now that I have found the freeze dried powdered versions it's easy and adds a lot more flavor.
Mt Hagen makes the best instant coffee.
for backpackers. Great flavor and again I have the powdered goods to add also.

Another tasty meal that I've found is Wild Zora. Pretty filling and smaller packages.

Kris
What is the cost? Backpack on the cheap.

You would have to look them up online.
I don't remember as I purchased the sample packet early this summer.
For me quality of the food is worth more than saving a few dollars but I don't think they were that bad of price. Their breakfast meals are really good also.

Kris

Yes, I agree, but I have found that the grocery store items (Knorr) are way better tasting and WAY cheaper than any of the "backpacker" stuff you find at the outdoor stores.

I tried the PEAK last week. Flavor was good but I was still hungry after eating the entire package. Mountain House seems like it had more but the protein and calories in the PEAK were good. I was stil hungry. Nothing a king size snickers bar didn't cure

Recent Posts