Go to socks.

6fatrat,
You'll like the diver's socks. Be sure to use the thin synthetic liners for more comfort.

BTW, Duluth Trading has a wide selection of outdoor socks of many different knits and fibers including Smartwool.

Eric B.

I recently got a pair of Farm to Feet socks and they are every bit as nice as my Darn tough. Need to wear em for longer to know for sure. But initial thoughts are they are great.

Cabelas wool socks. In cool/cold weather I put on my thin base layer first then I pull my socks up over those. Seems to keep them from itching as bad.

The only socks I currently own are smartwools and honestly they're not the greatest. I had a pair of scheels socks that were great. They were knee length merinos and lasted a few years. Unfortunately they had those seams at the toes as well.

I keep looking for a sock that doesn't have the rib/seam on the toes. Seems like that's where I get all my hot spots.

Duluth Trading Co. have "men's midnight Merino crew" socks that are actually fairly thick and very durable. Warmest, densest knit "3 season" sock I've ever used. When I say "densest" I mean medium thick but very tightly knit.

Eric B.

Kirkland (Costco store brand) men's merino wool socks. They're 72% Merino Wool and 27% Nylon. I have used Darn Tough, Smart Wool, Wigwam, Fox River, and others, and I genuinely prefer the Kirklands. They are very nearly the only socks I wear for work (I work outside), hiking, etc. They are $18 for three pairs.

All darn tough. 1/4 cut lightweights everyday and hikers with cushion for hiking and hunting. Have worn out 8 pairs and they sent me 8 more for the cost of shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.