Best 7mm rem mag brass

I ordered some Peterson 7Mag brass last week after finally receiving an in stock notification. Very excited about it in 7Mag. Peterson brass is amazing in all cartridges I've used it in.

100% prepped ready to go and has a nice reusable box for the loaded ammo. I don't even bother with any prep for Peterson anymore, hasn't helped and saves a lot of time since I hate brass prep anyways.

Last edited:
Never used Peterson or ADG, but if they would ship to me, that's what I'd be using to make my 264WM brass.
I still have the original brass I bought for my first rifle…..you know, the white boxes by Winchester that had 100 cases in them.
I bought those in 1988, have culled 3 due to split necks and have lost count of the number of reloads. In fact, I still have 30 out of the box that are still unfired.
Can't get correct headstamp brass here, so I buy Remington brass, with proper case prep, it lasts just as long as other brands.

Cheers.

I load 18 different rifle cartridges and over the past 5 years I've been replacing all my brass with Lapua if they make it in the cartridge I'm loading (and I can find it). However, I'm also really impressed with Peterson and I'm currently using it in all my magnum cartridges (7mm Mag, 28 Nosler, 300 WinMag). I find it much better than the (IMO too soft) Nosler Brass.

I load 18 different rifle cartridges and over the past 5 years I've been replacing all my brass with Lapua if they make it in the cartridge I'm loading (and I can find it). However, I'm also really impressed with Peterson and I'm currently using it in all my magnum cartridges (7mm Mag, 28 Nosler, 300 WinMag). I find it much better than the (IMO too soft) Nosler Brass.
I like this answer, and I pretty much agree.

If Peterson or Lapua makes brass in any given cartridge I shoot, that's what I load with. Makes life easy.

Sometimes I just have to go slummin' because I can't get what I really want, or get such a stupid-cheap deal on something else, that it's worth trying.

I fight the fact that I have so many rifles to load for (3 very active teenaged boys that also hunt with me and shoot a ton), that sometimes it just makes practical and financial sense that I go with what my best options are concerning price and availability. And yes, you can rest assured that the kids reload with me as well. "No pully the reloading handle, No shootie!" 😆

I am waiting for ADG to come back in stock and I will pick up 100 for my 7 mag. If Lapua made it that would be my go to but they don't so ADG it is

Alpha only makes short action stuff, no magnums or even long action rounds. Lapua does not make any belted cases
Lapua introduced their 300 WM cases this past year. Probably in response to Peterson's introduction of the same cartridge. At this point, Lapua does not produce a seven rem mag, but that is more than likely coming. Again, most likely in response to Peterson's release.

So, short answer is that Lapua does make belted magnum cases currently.