Best 7mm cartridge?

Right it's a 7mm thread. But swamplord needs to discipline his 6.5s. The deficating on all the cruds is just dumb. Nobody said the Creed was the highest performance barrel burner made. So when your barrels are toast my Creed will dance on their grave.
Shep

ya.It was a 7mm thread until someone just couldn't resist contaminating it with how glorious their crud is, happens to every single thread in every single gun forum on the internet, 6.5 Swede ballistics are same so "barrel life" is no better or worse and last I looked barrels weren't welded on and have threads so you can replace as needed, imagine that

Yeah I know I've done hundreds barrels. 6.5x55 still is a great cartridge it was handicapped by the strength of the 96 action. Still needs a long action. The Creed is just a modernized version that fits into a short action better and is quickly becoming one of the most popular cartridges in the USA. When some other 6.5 becomes more popular let me know. 7mms are awesome. Just to keep with the thread.
Shep

I just ran a bore scope down the barrel of my 45+ yr old 7mm Rem Mag. I am at well over a 1,000 rds down the tube and the bore is still in fantastic shape. The rifle still shoots great. I can't complain about that. Lately I have been shooting the Hornady 162 ELDX hunting ammo in it, only because I have not taken the time to do my reloading chores. I have taken a couple mule deer at 500yds with handloads, but to be honest most encounters in the field are less than 150 yds.

If you re-read the Ops original post, he's referring to the 195 Grain 7mm Bullets. So, keeping that in mind West Texas Ordinance offers the "7mm-300-norma-improved". Claiming easily obtaining 3200fps speeds.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.