Best 6.5 creed brass?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103481
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103481

So getting back into reloading the one true cartridge, seems currently the top manufacturers are:

ADG
Alpha
Lapua
Peterson

Any opinions? I like that everyone except lapua provides a range box that can be used for loaded cartridges

I use Norma or Lapua for all of my loading. Got a message from Lapua last week from a question I asked about 300 Win Mag brass. They expect it to be available by the end of the year.

Based on my experience in other cartridges I would use Peterson brass. My creed is happy with the cheap stuff, so I keep using Hornady. All my other cartridges use Peterson or Lapua. I prefer Peterson of the two.

My 6.5 really shot well with Peterson. Right now I'm using gunwerks in my new 6mm creed barrel. Still on its first firing so too early to tell but its consistent

I have been using Lapua, ADG, and some old Win .260 brass for my .260 AI. All have worked well. Lapua and ADG are primo. I have not used Alpha or Peterson, so cannot comment on those.

Thanks everyone, seems like of these options whatever I can find for a good price will treat me well :)

I use Lapua mainly. I can't get close to the velocities(2900 fps) that I get with Lapua using Alpha or Peterson. I'll pop primers out of the cases using the same powder charge.
I still use Hornady and Nosler brass in my original 6.5 CM built rifle,but I'm not pushing the limits with those loads.

I use Lapua mainly. I can't get close to the velocities(2900 fps) that I get with Lapua using Alpha or Peterson. I'll pop primers out of the cases using the same powder charge.
I still use Hornady and Nosler brass in my original 6.5 CM built rifle,but I'm not pushing the limits with those loads.

mid the lapua small primer? I wonder if this has something to do with that?

I started with Lapua for my target 6.5 Creed and then discovered Starline for my hunting 6.5. Both SRP and virtually identical performance. I have 100 Lapua left for my target and when that's gone I'll switch it to Starline. FWIW my hunting 6.5 runs the Berger Elite Hunter at 2860 which is pretty hot and no issues on getting six reloads out of the Starline.

I have used Lapua, Peterson, Hornady, and Prime (Norma). I get the best sd and higher velocity with less powder with Peterson.

If you haven't tried Alpha Munitions brass, I would recommend it. They offer large or small primer and if you order by 100 count (same price as 500 count) it comes in plastic ammo boxes. Extremely good quality brass!!!

So getting back into reloading the one true cartridge, seems currently the top manufacturers are:

ADG
Alpha
Lapua
Peterson

Any opinions? I like that everyone except lapua provides a range box that can be used for loaded cartridges

Of interest! Lapua cartridge boxes CAN be used as range boxes. The round hole panel in the lid top is removable. Pull it out, flip it over and slide it down into the box bottom, BINGO, a range box!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts