Lapua 22-250 brass Conversion to 6.5 Creed?

I thought about that as well, I'm not sure how hard I want to push the rifle. But I was thinking about getting some Palma brass and doing that as well...

I didn't use LC brass because of any "magical" properties, simply have one metric ****-Ton of it.

We've actually done a fair amount of work testing the Creed with a Pressure Trace system. Believe me, I'm no Hornady Fan-boy; quite the opposite actually. But will give credit where it's due.
The "weak" Hornady brass everyone whines about, isn't weak; they're idiots who think "signs" are accurate for judging pressure and a chrono means nothing.

"Signs" in the Creed show up in the neighborhood of 75,000psi, which fits pretty nicely with Hornady's typical 125% of SAAMI brass construction.

Don't look at how well each trace lines up, that's load work. Look at the shapes of the curves and the average pressures and velocities. Supr is some cool stuff, when not pushed on pressure, pushing peaks there burning curve up like 4350.
Screenshot_2014-12-26-14-35-27_zpsvfj221vz.png

Screenshot_2014-12-26-14-36-09_zpsv6lwcels.png

Very good info Darkker...

I don't like to push rifles to the next tier of cartridge capacity.
Meaning I don't try to turn a 30-06 into a 300, or Creed into a 6.5x.284....
So I really don't see a point in getting the small primer Palma brass. But I do like consistency and Lapua seems to be where it's at... My 300 Weatherby Norma brass is very consistent as well... So I'm not sure where I'm going to source my brass from yet...

With that being said, I do get very tight groups with my current Hornady brass...

Ive formed them from 22-250. No issues.

I actually don't even buy creedmoor brass. I formed 100 out of 243 brass. They work well.

I didn't see a point in buying when I have so much others on hand.

I've got 140 eld match runnin 2725 FPS out of my 22" R.A.P

I sized some new Remington 22-250 and fireformed with bullets,the cases came out at 2.890 and they shot very well then I fireformed some without sizing with 12 grs unique and cream of wheat to the neck they came out at 2.912 for length.I had some that were sized and I did the COW and they came out at 2.895. This was all the same lot of new brass.The ones that were sized first looked like the casehead stretched more than the COW method.
Not sure wich way is better but fired them 3 times now and the shorter ones are still not up to trim lengh yet but maybe they will last longer.I guess time will tell but it looks to me like the ones I didn't size came out better.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.