22-250 Lapua brass formed to 6.5 Creedmoor?

gohring3006

I received the wrong Lapua brass from a company today. I ordered 100 223 Lapua brass. I got sent 100 22-250 brass. My first thought was, send it back but after inspecting it, I thought it was really nice brass... So I'm thinking about forming it to 6.5 Creedmoor. I was going to order some 6.5 creed Lapua brass but didn't really want the small primer pockets.
Besides the neck length being a little shorter, is there any unforeseen problems I'm not thinking about by fire forming?

Probably going to have to neck turn, but I am not sure since you are going up in caliber. Other than that, and working virgin lapua brass for hours, it is definitely possible.

Work it up in steps. .243 to .257 to .264 to .277 then part way back down to .264 leaving a false shoulder. Jam a bullet in the lands with a light load or use the cream of wheat method.

Work it up in steps. .243 to .257 to .264 to .277 then part way back down to .264 leaving a false shoulder. Jam a bullet in the lands with a light load or use the cream of wheat method.

I did a pretty hard jam into the lands with a start load of IMR 4350 and a 147 ELD.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts