243 brass formed to 6.5 cm

mcharger440

i have been doing this since i got my cm i have as of late been reading about everyone saying its not worth the effort... i make my brass out of a single pass through my hornady custom die with decaping pin and expander ball intact i set my die to kiss my case holder and just use a little extra one shot lube i have made around a hundred rounds out of hornady 243 brass and they shoot great i havent colapsed one piece of brass yet... where is the effort

the reason for posting is that i am somwhat concerned after reading what some of the others posted ...am i on the verge of tearing up my rifle or me i mean how can it be so easy for me and hard for someone else

I tried it with a piece of virgin Lapua bracc in redding competition dies and it collapsed the case, what can I do to make it work? I have 100 pieces that I want to convert, I just don't shoot that much 243.
Thanks for any help in advance. Maybe what I am looking at is normal. I am not sure. Any input is appreciated.
20220905_104047.jpg

Last edited:
Creedmoor brass seems to be readily available lately. There is enough Creed ammo around that shooters leave the brass at our club. I pick it up and give it away when I see it there.

It doesn't seem worth the effort to convert anything to Creed, IMO.

Because I have 100 virgiin Lapua 243 cases that I will not be using. I just don't shoot that much 243. The 243 has a large primer pocket, the other 6.5 Lapua brass I have is small primer pocket.