Gunwerks brass 6.5 CM

Onesock

I have switched from Hornady brass to Gunwerks brass. I ha e been loading 42gr Rl17 behind 140 berger in Hornady brass. The brass weighs about 148gr. This load has consistently shot 1/2 min at 600.
I loaded the same load in Gunwerks brass that weighs 168gr. My group opened up from 1/2moa to over 1 moa.
Yes the speed went up because of the heavier brass I suspect.
Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just shoot smaller loads in the gunwerks brass until I come up with the same speed as the Hornady brass?
Thanks

Yes just drop your charge until you are at the same velocity and your accuracy should return. remember if velocity went up pressure also went up. Anytime you change a component lower your charge and work back up to accuracy or pressure.

I have switched from Hornady brass to Gunwerks brass. I ha e been loading 42gr Rl17 behind 140 berger in Hornady brass. The brass weighs about 148gr. This load has consistently shot 1/2 min at 600.
I loaded the same load in Gunwerks brass that weighs 168gr. My group opened up from 1/2moa to over 1 moa.
Yes the speed went up because of the heavier brass I suspect.
Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just shoot smaller loads in the gunwerks brass until I come up with the same speed as the Hornady brass?
Thanks
When I switched to all Gunwerks brass in both my 6mm & 6.5 mm creedmoor's had to be dropped almost a full grain of H4350 to get back to what I wanted in MV & accuracy. my Hornady 6.5 load USED to be 42.5 powder ( I know over book max) now it's 41.7 for 2802 MV with single digit SD & ES with Gunwerks brass which is very consistant & same price per 100 as Hornady, I love it.

Is it just coincidental that gunwerks website shows 6.5 prc brass available in june and adg told me that their next production run would be sometime in june as well.

ADG makes there brass IMO. It's pretty obvious to me. They have the same offerings. Get new shipments at the same time. Looks exactly the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.