6.5 CM

Had a similar problem with my 338 rcm and the Barnes tsx shoots under .3". The tsx doesn't have the plastic tip and that helps get closer also. Good luck, keep us posted.
If you don't mind me asking, how much jump were you dealing with on the 338 rcm?

I'm .070 off rifling and round barely fits mag. Rifle wasn't chambered for vld but still long. Aside from that i love the light fast handling rifle.

Original chamber specifications for the 6.5 Creedmoor has a long throat. This is for the the same reason Weatherby chambers have long throats, to reduce pressure.
Creedmoor cases are a high preasure round.
The throats are typically 1 thou larger than the projectile which is sufficient for it's support. The longer throat also aids in controling throat erosion. Just pick a projectile and work up a load for it.

Original chamber specifications for the 6.5 Creedmoor has a long throat. This is for the the same reason Weatherby chambers have long throats, to reduce pressure.
Creedmoor cases are a high preasure round.
The throats are typically 1 thou larger than the projectile which is sufficient for it's support. The longer throat also aids in controling throat erosion. Just pick a projectile and work up a load for it.
So you're saying 1.100" of jump is ok? I'm not doubting you because the factory ammo fired in the rifle, I'm just trying to learn.

So you're saying 1.100" of jump is ok? I'm not doubting you because the factory ammo fired in the rifle, I'm just trying to learn.
It is a normal thing to have long throats on high pressure cases to reduce that pressure. It is not the most efficient of chambers but is perfectly safe. Weatherby have been doing for years with great accuaracy and speed. As a smithy the biggest mistake I see is a new barrel chambered in a weatherby round with a short throat causing excessively high chamber pressure.

Just pick a projectile suitsble for the intended purpose, load to magazine length and test some different powder charges to achieve the best accuracy.

Oh and have fun doing it.

It is a normal thing to have long throats on high pressure cases to reduce that pressure. It is not the most efficient of chambers but is perfectly safe. Weatherby have been doing for years with great accuaracy and speed. As a smithy the biggest mistake I see is a new barrel chambered in a weatherby round with a short throat causing excessively high chamber pressure.

Just pick a projectile suitsble for the intended purpose, load to magazine length and test some different powder charges to achieve the best accuracy.

Oh and have fun doing it.
10-4. Not sure what he's going to decide to do. Guess that depends on what the gunsmith tells him. If he wants to load for it and the smith says the gun is safe I'll see what I can do with it.

If that measurement is right something is wrong. I mean long freebore is one thing but over an inch. The saami freebore is.199.

If that measurement is right something is wrong. I mean long freebore is one thing but over an inch. The saami freebore is.199.
This was my first thought as well. There seems to be two trains of thought. One that thinks an inch of bullet jump is extreme and bad, and the other that says its ok. Really unhelpful when there's not a generalized opinion. Still waiting to see the results of the chamber cast and hear what my smith has to say.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.