Best brass for 6.5 Creedmoor?

NYCO

Can anyone recommend a good brand of 6.5 Creedmoor brass to get started with for reloading? Also, would appreciate some info on a good powder to push 140 GR bullets. Thank you.

I use the Hornady brass. It works well, but is a tad soft. Run it real hard and the primer pockets will go in about 4 loadings. I run the 140 Berger VLDs at 2700 and have 9 loadings on some of the Hornady brass and expect it to go over 10. So I see nothing wrong with that.

For powder I use H4350, that's pretty much the classic powder for it. I also use RL17. It gives good speed and is easy on the brass, but temp sensitive.

I'm at 12 loadings on my hornady brass. I run a 140 Berger over 2800 fps and haven't lost a single case yet. I just tested out a new load yesterday with a 130 hybrid and saw 2975 fps without pressure. I run H4831SC in mine. I don't know why it's not recommended for the Creedmoor because it works great in mine.

I have great luck with rl- 17. Great accuracy with superb velocity, but as said before its temp sensitive. Running the 140 a-max well over 2800 fps. H4350 is a awesome powder as well. Its not temp sensitive like the rl-17 but I dont get as good velocity with it like i do the rl-17. I run hornady brass without any problems. Although i plan on giving Nosler brass a go in the near future.

I tried the Nosler brass and I really like it. It is very consistent in weight and internal volume and it seems to hold up better than the Hornady. I run 140-142 bullets with H4350 at 2700-2800 and they shoot .3 moa at 500 yds

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.