Best .338 cal bullet for big game ???

I loaded some 230 ELDX bullets last year to use for deer. They shot great so I'd have to believe the 270 ELDX would as well. Seems like they both would also be pretty decent bullets. Had great luck with the Amax design.

There's too many guys on here talking about how good the Hammer Hunters work. Guess I'm gonna order some for my 25 caliber rifle.
You are going to need a faster twist to most hammer bullets. You need to contact Hammer to see what is needed with which type of bullet you are thinking of using. I haven't gotten to use Hammer bullets yet. I am still waiting on a rifle to be finished that can handle or have the faster twist to handle the Hammer. I have a box of 100gr 6mm on hand, and getting ready to order out second box. I like the design of the bullets. The other rifles I have don't have the twist need to do the job.

You are going to need a faster twist to most hammer bullets. You need to contact Hammer to see what is needed with which type of bullet you are thinking of using. I haven't gotten to use Hammer bullets yet. I am still waiting on a rifle to be finished that can handle or have the faster twist to handle the Hammer. I have a box of 100gr 6mm on hand, and getting ready to order out second box. I like the design of the bullets. The other rifles I have don't have the twist need to do the job.
I've checked out most bullets and most will run fine in the 7.5 twist. I think a few won't but no sweat. The 121s would be all I'd need in weight for what I'd use this rifle for so all good.

I have had 5 different 338 win mags over the years. Sold or traded them all for one reason or another, and yes there are a couple I wish could have back, one was a custom Enfield I had traded my dad out of, the other was a magnaported stainless model 70. I always had very good performance with 250 grain sierra game kings on elk. Decided that my elk duties would get split between a 35 Whelan and a 300 Weatherby. But recently I picked up a pre 64 model 70 that has been bored to 338/06. I didn't like the speed I was getting with the 250 grain sierra and have loaded it with the shock hammer 186 grain bullet with a load of 67 grains of W760. Seems accurate enough for elk and doesn't show pressure. Should be an elk slayer, my chronograph seems to be failing so I can't get an accurate speed, my first loads showed 3200 and the next day the same load showed 2750.

Wow... a lot of support for the Hammer. I might have to give them a try if there is one that will stabilize in a 1-10.
It seems other than the custom bullets, its all about the same. I may just run the 300 grainers again if the Hammers dont work out. They have never really been bad, just a little too much meat damage.

There's too many guys on here talking about how good the Hammer Hunters work. Guess I'm gonna order some for my 25 caliber rifle.
You wont regret it I am running them in 6 calibers and love em. Im having a rifle purposely built right now with the plan to run 25 cal 128 gr hammers FAST...

Of all in my 338's, from 338-06, 338WM and my 338-416 Rigby Improved, the bullets I turn to the most are:
Nosler 210g Partition. (338-06)
Nosler 225g/250g Accubond. (338WM)
Nosler 250g Partition. (338WM)
Nosler 285g ABLR. (338-416 RI)
I have also used Barnes 225g TSX, will be trying the 225g and 250g TTSX next year.
The performance of any of the Nosler bullets above are exceptional in my experience, Stella performance on every animal I ever shot with them. Same goes for the Barnes, however, they were not as accurate, hoping the newer TTSX is better in that department.

Cheers.