best Long Range Caliber for big game! please look

First of all I was mistaken about Sierra offering a .30 cal. blitzking, which they do not. I have always been a big fan of Nosler bullets, and I have seen the proven reults on game from a variety of calibers.

Kirby I think your lessons for the young girl were awesome. Many people "psych" themselves out even before they squeeze the trigger, or should I say JERK the trigger...

I should also mention that I always try to wear my Peltor electronic muffs. Not only are they great for reducing muzzle bark, but the help even a partially deaf guy like me to hear range commands and even idle conversation while shooting! I think Midway USA is still selling them for under $70 and run on simply AAA batteries.

Perhaps I have just not tried enough, or should I say the "right" muzzle brake. All of the brakes I've used in the past severely reduced accuracy, which combined with the intense muzzle blast led me to leave them at home in the gun safe... I am probably wrong about brakes in general, and simply haven't found the magic one that works!
Any thoughts???

Travis

so, three years late and a dollar short, I never saw any mention of the most poorly marketed great high caliber long range rifle made, the remington 8mm mag. Of all the ballistics on high caliber long range rifles, the only one I've seen with significantly better ballistics is the Weatherby 338-378. Now on huge game like kodiaks, there is one slight down side, the largest bullet so far is a 250 grain round nose. 338, 375, etc all carry more weighty bullets for the big boys. But 180 nosler ballistic tips doing close to 3300fps and the sierra 220 boat tail at 2975, that has some magically high killing force at over 1000 yards still. Can NOT use remington factory loads if you plan on killing much though. Nosler does load some 180 and 200's for Midway. And no muzzle brake so it does bruise flesh, but awesome gun that is highly overlooked and/or ignored.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.