100 pieces weighed
6 at 213-213.9
32 at 214-214.9
23 at 215-215.9
29 at 216-216.9
11 at 217-217.9

My batch of hornady weighs 216-220.9
With the majority in the 218-219 range.

yes, bertram brass has a large weight variance -- I found a 9 grain weight variance over 100 pcs of 7 wsm brass just last month

I contacted them about it and they told me that "beryman bullet company is working on a way to better sort the brass in the future, they are trying to get a machine that will weight sort the brass"

I have seen 7 grains in 338 rum and 5 in 284 win. have found that the extractor grooves are not always the same and the neck thickness can be a bit off. check the fired case capacity, it has always been a lot better. I also wonder if there is maybe something in the brass cups them selves causing the weight variance because the fired are so much closer in capacity than over all weight.
to the op. if you could mark and fire the lightest and heaviest cases and check capacity and let us know the results.
I like there brass it has always held up well for me just hope they fix the weight variance because they charge top price but the consistency could be better

Agree on the extractor groove, on the 7wsm I had a handful that would not go into the shellholder, changed holders and they worked fine so tolerance specs stacked on those. I did not check capacity variance from light to heavy, but I did notice quite a bit of difference in neck tension on upsized brass when I measured the unsized/unfired necks (I always resize even new brass though)
The neck thickness variance for my 7wsm brass was about .0025" from thinnest to thickest.
At least i can get brass though.

I asked adg if they plan on any wsm brass in the future, and they said "not in the near future"

there was a post on accurate shooter that said WSM brass by Peterson mid January but you know how rumors are just thought I would mention if you wanted to look in to it

Unfired brass, put in a Fired primer
And Loaded h335 (finest powder I have) with a 6" drop tube and vibrated the loaded cases.
I loaded a 213.2 grain and a 217.9 grain case three times each and got between 74.2 and 74.6 grains.
Fairly unscientific but this tells me the capacity is consistent enough for my use.

that is what I have been seeing with their brass. I have turned necks on some of mine and that helped lower the case weight ES but the capacity has always been better. I am starting to think that it has to be the brass alloy mix in the brass cups they use causing the weight difference

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.