Berger VLD Linked to Heart Failure….?

So not knowing your case capacity or COAL and actual burn rate of that lot of RL26 it looks like the load you listed would be highly compressed but doable. RL26 is slower than H4350. H4350 at that velocity is over pressured no matter the lot.

One thing I learned with the 43 is that over pressure occurs before signs appear.

Rifle has 250 rounds through it & I started gaining velocity last 50 rounds. Original velocity was 2850. It's a Bartlein 24in bbl. I'm using H4350 & actually jumping the 140 vld a little bit. It's magazine fed. I've never flattened a primer or had a heavy bolt lift. I trust the MagnetoSpeed, I'm not fudging my velocity. My DOPE has been proven to 600yds on the 2880fps. I don't feel I'm in the danger zone but some of your guys' comments have me worried cause I value the opinions of most of you. I don't have access to pressure testing equipment, I strictly have always worked a load up until heavy bolt lift & back off at least .5 from there…..

That's pretty cool. I shot a pronghorn buck in New Mexico last year with a .260 Ackley and had a similar experience. Not as dramatic as your Indiana Jones experience, but one entire lung extruded through an exit hole that was much smaller than the lung. It was weird. This was with a 140 HVLD.

Last edited: