Berger VLD Linked to Heart Failure….?

260 Rem 140 VLD H4350 2,890fps 24in bbl
Daughter shot her deer this year at 120yds. Buck sprinted 20yds & piled up. Upon arrival we found a critical organ laying in the snow that literally fell out of exit cavity while he was sprinting to his resting place…..

Saved this post for mid-winter entertainment, & wanted to share this phenomenon with the group……View attachment 434614
Is velocity a typo? Thats PRC territory.

2890 is definitely doable. Certainly a hand load. Great shot! Cool story. Keep it up! Here's an old thread from another respected forum:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230205_124509_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230205_124509_Chrome.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 52
2890 is definitely doable. Certainly a hand load. Great shot! Cool story. Keep it up! Here's an old thread from another respected forum:
Was this load pressure tested with actual pressure testing equipment? And how does quoting someone else make it valid??

Last edited:
That's fair. Well, being a handloader I know I could do it. But, instead of saying that I thought an old quote from well respected forum would suffice. We have gotten off track here. Sorry I added to the detour. The man was just posting a great pic and story but just happened to step on the toes of the pressure police. That's too bad.

The story and pic was great. I love it when a dad hunts with his daughter.

I agree the whole velocity thing should be in another thread. I saw the number and just thought it was a typo.

The story and pic was great. I love it when a dad hunts with his daughter.

I agree the whole velocity thing should be in another thread. I saw the number and just thought it was a typo.
I've run super hot loads, sometimes with compression, sometimes jamming into the lands, sometimes both. Not once would I let someone else fire it.

That's fair. Well, being a handloader I know I could do it. But, instead of saying that I thought an old quote from well respected forum would suffice. We have gotten off track here. Sorry I added to the detour. The man was just posting a great pic and story but just happened to step on the toes of the pressure police. That's too bad.
👍🏼❤️🇺🇲

260 Rem 140 VLD H4350 2,890fps 24in bbl
Daughter shot her deer this year at 120yds. Buck sprinted 20yds & piled up. Upon arrival we found a critical organ laying in the snow that literally fell out of exit cavity while he was sprinting to his resting place…..

Saved this post for mid-winter entertainment, & wanted to share this phenomenon with the group……View attachment 434614
Lead poisoning