Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Gentlemen,

Your help has been greatly appreciated! Some of you have went out of your way to help show there is always two sides to the story, as well as that I too am human and made a mistake.

I am very fortunate to have gained your support. I am hoping all this will pass soon. Myself and the sponsors are preparing statements this week. These will be found on my site as well as some other media outlets. Feel free to check them out.

Again a personal thanks to all of you.

Thanks so much for the support guys.

Not quiet the glamorous conspiracy the media plays it out to be,I made a mistake, payed for it, and now back to work!

Thanks again, and will let you know when we get bullets in hand!

Good people make mistakes and often times the punishment doesn't fit the crime yet blatant criminals somehow manage to get a slap on the wrist.

Kudos to Idaho for arriving at a reasonable solution given the mistake.

Shame on the press for blowing it out of proportion.

-- richard

bob,
do you have any figures on the length and other dimensions of these bullets? It would seem that you would have some prototypes of these by now. at least a teaser from bryan or something since the 170gr 270's were slated to come out this month? maybe a comparison pic of these verses the 180 bergers? Thanks

Sorry for the late response. We have been filming spring shows like crazy!

For the 7mm EOL/Berger Extreme Hybrid bullet, I can only share what I know right now. The bullets length is slated to be 1.637. With a estimated G1 B.C. of .794 and G7 of .406.

I plan on hunting with the new bullet design in the .277 170 grain in Africa. That will be in two weeks. Once we can completely validate this design abilities, we will be looking at fine tuning the release date for everyone.

I will report soon.

Thanks

The wait is killing me!!!

I have a load dialed in for the 175 Matrix thats 2,990fps in my 270 WSM 9 twist. I want to try these 170's bad!!

The Matrix load is crazy accurate, sub 1/4 minute, just hoping for a higher bc.

We've run into some trouble with the 270 cal tooling. The bullet is not forming up properly so we have the tooling back in the hands of the tool and die guys to work their magic.

The good news is that we have made jackets and are ready to make bullets once the tooling has been fixed.

The potentially bad news is that sometimes when they work to fix tooling they mess it up which may result in them having to start over. So I can't make any promises except to say that this is our highest priority and we are working on it every day to get these bullets rolling.

Regards,
Eric

Nothing. This is a tooling thing and has no influence on the performance of the bullet. It only effects the forming of the bullet.

Regards,
Eric

Nothing. This is a tooling thing and has no influence on the performance of the bullet. It only effects the forming of the bullet.

Regards,
Eric

Im sorry i wasnt clear. I meant when is the new 7mm bullets going to be out and does this tooling issue with the 270 bullet affect the timeline on the release of the 7mm? I think we all would just appreciate an update on the projected release of the 7mm eol bullet. Origionally it was slated for release in june and now its june with no bullets as of yet. It would be nice to just develop one load for my new gun. I know selfish selfish but business is business right! Thanks again eric.

I understand now. The situation with the 270 cal tooling does not affect the creation of the 7mm tooling directly. One of the things to understand however is, if the extra long nose is much more sensitive as it realtes to the tooling (which is probable) it will be more difficult to get the tooling right (and finished) which will add time to the project.

Said differently, the issue with the 270 cal tooling may exist with the 7mm tooling as well for reasons related to the extreme shape rather than how our tooling is made. This situation is not clear right now since we do get tooling that must be reworked from time to time even with "standard" shaped bullets.

Regarding the schedule, my estimate of June was based on many variables that are not as easy to control as I'd like. I haven't gone back to read the original post where June was mentioned but I'm confident that I mentioned this is an estimated date.

I know it is frustrating to hear us say things like "may be ready in June" and then June comes and goes. I know this is frustrating because I am just as eager to see this bullet made real as those who will shoot it. Estimating completion dates for such things is like throwing darts at a calendar while blind folded on a boat in a hurricane. Well, it may not be quite that bad but it seems that way.

The one thing I am confident of is that we will make this bullet. I can't promise when and unfortunately, I can't even promise that it will shoot well. I can promise that it will be made so we will all find out when it will be made and how well it shoots, together.

Regards,
Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts