Being married to a teacher.....

dog caller

Anyone else married to a teacher? I am SO glad school is out for the summer. Mama is a bear to live with the last two weeks of school. She teaches kinder-kiddies and I guess they get pretty wound up when summer break is approaching. I think yesterday is the first time she smiled at me in a month /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Is my wife the only one who gets grouchy this time of the year? C'mon, be honest----I promise we won't tell her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My girlfriend is studying to be a history teacher. When we get married, I expect I will be in the same boat as you! I come from a long line of educators, so I guess I stuck with what I was familiar with. Go figure, but I do feel your pain!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm on the same ride. She teaches grade 1. Always looking ahead to christmas, spring break, and summer break. I don't think most people know how many hours teachers put in to do their job.

Your lucky!!! Only 2 weeks? Hell mine is a bear to live with 365 day's a year, and she is not even a school teacher. So the way I see it u got it made!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Your lucky!!! Only 2 weeks? Hell mine is a bear to live with 365 day's a year, and she is not even a school teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that neccesarily makes me lucky......it just makes me a better judge of horseflesh than you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dog Caller, I been married to a real peach of a school teacher for over 3 decades now! Yep, know all about those last 3 weeks before school is officialy out for the summer.

The best thing a guy in your shoes can possibly do, is to take her on at least a 4 day getta-away where there are NO KIDDIES savvy. Also where they have one of those Beauty Parlors for women too. Then lay on the Romantics and treat her like a Queen....get my drift.

The summer always turned out better for the both of us that way. Just my 2 cents worth of advice Ok! It never gets easier on her either as the years march forward, so YOU have to remind her now and then you care a bunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sound advise even if you wife is not a teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes it is! I'm actually taking her to The Ozarks next week. I'll see if I can find her a day spa or something.
I don't remember being a PITA to my teachers when summer got near but I probably was. She comes home from work those last two weeks of school ready to pull her hair out. Since, I have never been a teacher, it's hard for me to realize how rowdy the kids actually get. Since school's been out, things around here have gotten much, for lack of a better word, nicer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As a matter of fact, Redbone, that is exactly where I'm going. Leaving Saturday the 3rd, driving straight through, and staying for about 5 days. Are you near there? Do you have any lodging suggestions (something nice but not $200 a night nice)?

Get a map of Branson when you get there. If the main strip is stop and go, use the side streets. For lodging do a search on the net for the best deals. One thing I would say you would like would be go to Springfield, MO and vist Bass Pro Shop. You will like it. Silver Dollar City is nice, Fantastic Caverns in Springfield, Need to do a search for Branson Springfield area for things to do around the area. Just remember this is Missouri, the HUMIDITY can be at times a real witch around here. Have Fun

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.